Unraid OS version 6.8.3 available

23 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Your screenshots show some plugins and/or scripts getting invoked at startup.

First thing to do is to start in safe mode and retest.

thanks for taking a look, when i look at the screens i rather may would say it was either the power down ( cause version 682) or the update did fail cause it was still at v682, nevermind, as mentioned the powerdown and startup then went fine and all is running on v683 now.

btw, thanks for adding the docker network override feature from the "wishlist" ;)

Update from 6.8.2 went fine so far. Unraid is back up runing with all VMs and Dockers. Small thing i noticed is by opening the "system logs" under tools the orange animated loading stripes showed up for split second and dissappeared. Not happened before and doesn't look like it has any impact. Maybe only a small glitch.

grafik.thumb.png.93805c64971c89b75ea2b788417459f7.png

Something that I already reported in the 6.8.2 release thread is some warning for my Intel nics during Unraid boot

Mar  7 14:14:16 UNRAID kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth1: mixed HW and IP checksum settings.
Mar  7 14:14:16 UNRAID kernel: igb 0000:06:00.0 eth2: mixed HW and IP checksum settings.
Mar  7 14:14:16 UNRAID kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: mixed HW and IP checksum settings.
Mar  7 14:14:16 UNRAID kernel: igb 0000:04:00.0 eth0: mixed HW and IP checksum settings.

Not sure how to interpret this warning. Looks like network has no issues so far.

And another warning that still comes up since 6.8.2 is the following:

Mar  7 14:27:13 UNRAID inotifywait[7814]: Failed to watch /mnt/disk2; upper limit on inotify watches reached!
Mar  7 14:27:13 UNRAID inotifywait[7814]: Please increase the amount of inotify watches allowed per user via `/proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches'.

Smart values for the disk are ok. If someone is able to help me to understand these warnings please feel free to explain it. Thanks!

old post for 6.8.2 with logs:

3 minutes ago, bastl said:

Mar  7 14:27:13 UNRAID inotifywait[7814]: Please increase the amount of inotify watches allowed per user via `/proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches'.

You can adjust the watches via the tips & tweaks plugin  (You've got a plugin or something else that is actively watching for changes on the drives)

13 hours ago, Xcelsior86 said:

How exactly do we setup this new container VPN feature?  Is the feature a way to create a VPN client connection and have any container route through that connection?

Any feedback on this question?  I'm currently using binhex's deluge-privoxy container to route other containers through a VPN.  It works, but it is kind of fragile, it would be great if there was a better supported mechanism to accomplish this setup.

17 minutes ago, alitchy said:

Any feedback on this question?  I'm currently using binhex's deluge-privoxy container to route other containers through a VPN.  It works, but it is kind of fragile, it would be great if there was a better supported mechanism to accomplish this setup.

5 hours ago, bonienl said:

See this 

Uneventful update from 6.8.2. Thank you.

The Dynamix File Integrity plugin is still not Unraid 6.8 compatible (it tries and fails to run its scheduled check directly from the boot flash). I know it isn't the fault of this specific release and it has been mentioned in the support thread for that plugin but it still remains broken.

16 minutes ago, John_M said:

The Dynamix File Integrity plugin is still not Unraid 6.8 compatible (it tries and fails to run its scheduled check directly from the boot flash). I know it isn't the fault of this specific release and it has been mentioned in the support thread for that plugin but it still remains broken.

Yeah, there is a comment within Apps regarding that.  If the plugin wasn't still functional in other respects, it would have been blacklisted from Apps completely.  But, IMHO background checking of the files is a very important aspect of the plugin and this should be fixed asap.

15 minutes ago, John_M said:

I I guess, I have some work to do tomorrow, when I have some spare time...

• Like 2

Can you please confirm if you included the new ASPEED drivers in this update?

Supermicro came back and said I now need to update the ASPEED drivers inside Unraid before we can update the BMC fw.

Here is the link to the new drivers, https://www.supermicro.com/wftp/driver/VGA/ASPEED/ASPEED.zip

Would be great if these new drivers were added to Unraid. I posted this in the Feature Request thread.

I'm told that after I do this, my video output will be restored when running the new BMC fw. 

I forgot to mention that Support had me roll back the BMC fw to 1.48 and  the video is once again working normal.  The ASPEED drivers upgrade and the BMC fw to the latest  contains Security fixes.

Thank you!

Edited by Switchblade
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Switchblade said:

No sorry, will get into next release (if they build correctly).

1 hour ago, Switchblade said:

Would be great if these new drivers were added to Unraid. I posted this in the Feature Request thread.

Would be great if S/M would just merge them in-tree.

• Haha 1
This question has been answered I think x3 in this topic.
I just read through all the post again, I'm sorry I don't see it. I see one link to an external page but it's way over my head. I see multiple people asking what this is and I'm not seeing any responses to it. maybe I'm blind

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Supermicro came back and said I now need to update the ASPEED drivers inside Unraid before we can update the BMC fw.

Here is the link to the new drivers, https://www.supermicro.com/wftp/driver/VGA/ASPEED/ASPEED.zip

If I'm reading correctly and you just need firmware updated, it may be possible to boot from something other than unraid to do that...

2 hours ago, rcmpayne said:

I just read through all the post again, I'm sorry I don't see it. I see one link to an external page but it's way over my head. I see multiple people asking what this is and I'm not seeing any responses to it. maybe I'm blind

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, bonienl said:

See this 

2 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

If I'm reading correctly and you just need firmware updated, it may be possible to boot from something other than unraid to do that...

Not the point.  With the new fw and old drivers, unraid will not display anything on the connected monitor.  I had to roll fw back because drivers are old, again this is unraid specfic.