Unraid OS version 6.8.3 available

20 hours ago, limetech said:

No sorry, will get into next release (if they build correctly).

Would be great if S/M would just merge them in-tree.

Many thanks!  Next release would be great.

I agree and i gave SM some static about that.  They also told me that they do not even test with unraid, even though Limetech prefers supermicro boards, so I gave them static for that too.

Thanks again!

Edited by Switchblade

Updated 6.8.2 to 6.8.3.  No problems.

Thank you to the unRAID team for continued development and support.

Update:  since the update, when making a ~80GB file transfer between a unassigned USB drive (mac os extended journaled) and another XFS unassigned drive using Krusader, Krusader stalled and Unassigned Devices became unresponsive.  I attempted to cleanly stop the array from the command line but was ultimately unsuccessful, because the problem was related to a kernel error.  Prior to the update, I've had success with Krusader.

To resolve, ultimately I had to do a hardware force shutdown.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo
Kernel error. Forced shutdown to correct.

Regarding 6.8.3

What are these?

If I have an existing VM how do I enable this? just by seletcion CPU mode: host passthrough? (I always have had it like this)

• webgui: VMs: enable cpu cache passthrough; AMD + multithreaded

This just mean that a new category has been added or are there new security options for dockers? where are they?

• webgiu: dockerMan: Security enhancement

46 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

If I have an existing VM how do I enable this? just by seletcion CPU mode: host passthrough?

If you create a new VM on a AMD system with "host passthrough" selected, the cache mode will be automatically be added

old xml:

<cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>

new xml:

<cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='1'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
    <feature policy='require' name='topoext'/>
  </cpu>

For existing VMs you have to adjust it yourself.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

This just mean that a new category has been added or are there new security options for dockers? where are they?

• webgiu: dockerMan: Security enhancement

Both (Security as a category being added was listed as a separate entity).

So far as the security enhancement was concerned, it was previously possible for a malicious template author (ie: an asshole) to craft a template for a docker container that would either

1. Arbitrarily execute code directly on the server simply by loading the template or
  2. Completely hide a path mapping from the user even if template authoring mode was enabled in Settings - Docker

This code change simply brought dockerMan up to speed with what Community Applications already does for those 1 or 2 users that still add in repositories via the Template Repositories tab (ugh) instead of utilizing the Apps Tab.  CA goes medieval in it's enforcement of any violation of security  

Any violation of the security policies enforced by CA and the associated application feed results in automatic blacklisting of an author's entire template repository.  No warnings and no exceptions.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, rcmpayne said:

I just read through all the post again, I'm sorry I don't see it. I see one link to an external page but it's way over my head. I see multiple people asking what this is and I'm not seeing any responses to it. maybe I'm blind

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

This is a bit over my head too.  I love the idea of the feature, but won't be able to utilize it until someone can please provide a more detailed explanation.  Right now I am wasting 3x VPN connections for three different dockers.  It would be nice to run all three dockers through the same VPN connection and have a kill switch working.  I also need port forwarding with PIA which I don't know if it is possible with the new feature?

Also, updated from 6.8.2 without issue.

Thanks all,

craigr

may a simple sample

i run my ovpn_privoxy docker and i want another docker (sample xteve) run through the vpn connection cause the app doesnt provide a proxy feature

so i setup the xteve docker as followed

image.thumb.png.1e22e396f35f64173be12b11002db8f8.png

will result in

image.thumb.png.cecd3a31bc99cd528a4e49332f0a1b9c.png

now xteve docker is using the network from my ovpn_privoxy docker ...

if the vpn docker is in bridge mode, u have to map the port(s) from the client docker(s) of course ... in this sample 34400 34400 on the ovpn_privoxy docker

works and tested here as note, very nice and thanks again to limetech for adding this

Edited by alturismo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, MowMdown said:

Updated to 6.8.3 - Small WebGUI issue when clicking on dockers from dashboard, the "Update" button appears on all dockers even though no updates are available. 

Edit, this does not happen while in the "docker" tab

Fixed for next release

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, alturismo said:

@danioj few posts up i made a sample if that may helps

thank you I've been asking an most just said read above, but a visual helps.

for me this does not  work the way I want my docker so use the vpn, but its good that unraid did it.

Edited by ijuarez
engrish
On 3/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, alturismo said:

may a simple sample

i run my ovpn_privoxy docker and i want another docker (sample xteve) run through the vpn connection cause the app doesnt provide a proxy feature

so i setup the xteve docker as followed

image.thumb.png.1e22e396f35f64173be12b11002db8f8.png

will result in

image.thumb.png.cecd3a31bc99cd528a4e49332f0a1b9c.png

now xteve docker is using the network from my ovpn_privoxy docker ...

if the vpn docker is in bridge mode, u have to map the port(s) from the client docker(s) of course ... in this sample 34400 34400 on the ovpn_privoxy docker

works and tested here as note, very nice and thanks again to limetech for adding this

How do I map the ports between containers?  For example, NZBGet.  I've got that container set as you have above, but I am unsure of how to map properly.  How do I configure port 6789 in this case?  Thanks for the info so far. 

1 hour ago, Xcelsior86 said:

How do I map the ports between containers?  For example, NZBGet.  I've got that container set as you have above, but I am unsure of how to map properly.  How do I configure port 6789 in this case?  Thanks for the info so far. 

like i wrote, u map the port(s) on the vpn container like your app would run on the vpn container, there is no mapping between the containers ...

what probably wont work, 2 (or more) apps using the same port in this setup as long they dont have a manual port setup.

so just map port 6789 in the vpn container u are using ... which is ?

may a simple sample, 2 "client" dockers which both use a web service on port 80, wont work as long as you cant switch ports in the app itself.