Unraid OS version 6.8.3 available

2 hours ago, JoeUnraidUser said:

Could you create a separate post with the instructions?  It would make it much easier for users to follow along.

actually idk where to put a small tutorial about this feature, which subforum ?

im pretty sure not allowed to create posts in announcements etc ...

Smooth update on the Home server from 6.8.2->6.8.3. The new kernel fixed my nvme IO_PAGE_FAULT issue, which is awesome!! I was also able to easily get the AMD cache thing running on my VMs with a simple Edit->Update to each of them. Awesome work as always Limetech!

EDIT/UPDATE: Work server also updated from 6.8.2->6.8.3 with no issues.

Edited by ryoko227
updated

Tried to upgrade, but I get a blank dialog, and nothing displays.  Rebooting but nothing is coming up.

Edit: I did a hard powerdown and it came up at 6.8.2 again, and the update worked as it should.  Pretty sure I have an array to repair now though.

Edited by BoxOfSnoo
Cold boot
49 minutes ago, bonienl said:
6 hours ago, bubbaQ said:

Had to downgrade back to Version 6.7.2 due to bug in turbo-write not working properly in 6.8.x :(

Can you make a bug report?

It's not a bug, he's referring to the auto change from reconstruct write to r/m/w when there's multiple array disk activity, I did mention before that I would much prefer this would only happen when write mode was set to auto, never when set to reconstruct write.

8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

It's not a bug, he's referring to the auto change from reconstruct write to r/m/w when there's multiple array disk activity, I did mention before that I would much prefer this would only happen when write mode was set to auto, never when set to reconstruct write.

I would consider that it IS a bug if setting explicit reconstruct write in the Settings does not actually make it run exclusively in that mode.    Like you I think this behaviour is not unreasonable if the (default) mode of Auto is selected, but I think it should not be the behaviour if a user has asked for an explicit behaviour.

+1 what itimpi said.

Having the smart switch actually makes it very confusing to help with those "why is write so slow" questions.

I also don't consider the smart switch being that smart because I have found switching to r/m/w actually make it worse than remaining in reconstruct with a small number of simultaneous activities.

11 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I would consider that it IS a bug if setting explicit reconstruct write in the Settings does not actually make it run exclusively in that mode.

I won't call it a bug since @limetechdid it on purpose, but yeah, making a change so that behavior only takes place when "auto" is selected would IMHO be much better, especially since there's already the auto setting for so long and it does nothing.

Hi, having problems updating from 6.6.1 .

Getting this message from both the Update OS tool and from the Plugins menu:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.8.3-x86_64.zip ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.8.3-x86_64.zip download failure (File I/O error)

It reaches 5% on the Zip download, and then this.

Thank you

8 minutes ago, Mikael888 said:

Hi, having problems updating from 6.6.1 .

Getting this message from both the Update OS tool and from the Plugins menu:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.8.3-x86_64.zip ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.8.3-x86_64.zip download failure (File I/O error)

It reaches 5% on the Zip download, and then this.

Thank you

How much memory do you have?

Not sure if this is a bug or not... so thought I'd ask...

Just upgraded from 6.8.2 to 6.8.3 on a production server and everything seems to be working but the docker containers all show "version: not available";

image.thumb.png.b345ab0370b9c8a05092eaf5c6d22e1c.png

When I first noticed this only a couple of containers showed not available, so I rebooted the machine again and now they all show this.

The machine definitely has internet access as it is remote and I am connecting over the internet. Also, it hosts some webservers which are working OK... or at least the websites are showing OK.

Thanks