Unraid OS version 6.8.3 available

5 hours ago, SliMat said:

Tried that - it says "checking..." in blue but just spins forever - when I refresh the page it goes back to "not available".

This is not really the best section to discuss this, but something is blocking your access to github.

Are you using pi-hole as DNS server for Unraid? Or some kind of VPN tunnel to connect to the Internet?

3 hours ago, SliMat said:

...just thought someone else may have seen this and found a fix.

OK, just in case anyone else see's this - I just used force-update on one of my dockers and now it shows as up-to-date... so will force update on all the others too.

Edited by SliMat
spelling
13 hours ago, Mikael888 said:

Hi, having problems updating from 6.6.1 .

Getting this message from both the Update OS tool and from the Plugins menu:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.8.3-x86_64.zip ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.8.3-x86_64.zip download failure (File I/O error)

It reaches 5% on the Zip download, and then this.

Thank you

Is it posible to download the Plg. and then start the update locally from the flash drive ? 

Or maybe updating to a later version, and then to the final ? 

3 hours ago, GeekMajic said:

Upgrade went smooth, the only anomaly I found is that all of my dockers have "Update" on the drop down list, even when no new version is available.

Only happens on Dashboard, not on Docker tab.

should already be fixed next release

• Like 1

I had a rough time with this update.

After, updating Unraid my Plex Media Server (plexinc) completely disappeared from the docker list.

Reinstalling the plex didn't  help and after looking at the logs.  Unraid must have had an issue with Unraid Nvidia.  As plex could no longer find the gpu.

*note once i looked at the plex logs, i checked if unraid nvidia still showed my gpus.  which it didn't after multiple reboots they still didn't show.

So i had to uninstall unraid nvidia and reinstall it for it to re-populate the gpu list then install Plex with the gpu passthrough from SpaceInvaders video.

So far everything looks good. will update if any more issues appear.

6 hours ago, xpress said:

Unraid must have had an issue with Unraid Nvidia. 

Unraid Nvidia IS a custom build of Unraid. You must use the Nvidia plugin to update to a new Nvidia build. If you just update Unraid you just get Unraid. All this is explained many times in the Nvidia thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Unraid Nvidia IS a custom build of Unraid. You must use the Nvidia plugin to update to a new Nvidia build. If you just update Unraid you just get Unraid. All this is explained many times in the Nvidia thread. 

And just in case there is still some confusion. DO NOT update Unraid if what you want is Unraid NVidia. ONLY update Unraid NVidia.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:11 PM, Squid said:

should already be fixed next release

@Squid I'm seeing the opposite problem. Some of my dockers have updates, but i don't see the "update" button on the main dashboard when i click on a docker with an update. Is that fixed too in the next release?

Edit: Actually I'm seeing both. Dockers with no updates have an update button. Dockers with updates don't have an update button. I see it also in 6.9 Beta 1.

Edited by Kewjoe
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Kewjoe said:

@Squid I'm seeing the opposite problem. Some of my dockers have updates, but i don't see the "update" button on the main dashboard when i click on a docker with an update. Is that fixed too in the next release?

Edit: Actually I'm seeing both. Dockers with no updates have an update button. Dockers with updates don't have an update button. I see it also in 6.9 Beta 1.

The assumption for the "fixed next release" is that regardless of whether the dashboard is continually showing updates available, or never showing updates available is the the docker tab is consistently showing the update status correctly.  If that is correct, then the dashboard is fixed next release (or it should be).  If the docker tab is showing wrong information then you need to post screenshots etc

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Squid said:

The assumption for the "fixed next release" is that regardless of whether the dashboard is continually showing updates available, or never showing updates available is the the docker tab is consistently showing the update status correctly.  If that is correct, then the dashboard is fixed next release (or it should be).  If the docker tab is showing wrong information then you need to post screenshots etc

Sounds good. Thanks!

Decided to wait a bit to make sure that there were no major issues with the release.  Then the Novel CoronaVirus-19 hit, and I had to catch up on moving my operations home from my work office. 

Long story short, downloaded the update, stopped my VMs, stopped my Dockers, updated Plex (linuxserver.io) and then stopped the array & rebooted.

Everything restarted just fine. - Thanks Guys!

Successful upgrade from an old RC - my funky full encrypted disk setup moved over just fine, thanks guys! Looking forward to the next revision to support my X570 TaiChi, will test when NVIDIA supports it! :)

P.S. Docker Swarm? :D

Edited by BLKMGK

Hey there,

Do I need to do something differnt when updating from version 6.3.5 ?

I did the "check for updates" and a small pop-up box titled "Plugin Update Check" came up and displayed:

plugin: checking unRAIDServer.plg ...
plugin: checking dynamix.plg ...

then a "done" button appeared but ther version remains 6.3.5

Tried the alternative directions:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

A larger than previous pop-up box titled "Install Plugin" came up and displayed:

plugin: installing: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg ... failed (Network failure)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg download failure (Network failure)

(done button)

What might I be doing wrong here? 

Array is stopped.

47 minutes ago, caballopazo said:

Hi all, 

i've updated from 6.4 boots perfectly, but after a few minutes after all my dockers have gone up, my system just crashes.

can't record any logs as it disappears. 

is there anything i should had done previously before moving from 6.4 to 6.8?

See here: