Unraid OS version 6.8.3 available

40 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

See here:

Not sure what you intended since that link just comes back here.

Perhaps you meant this:

1 hour ago, caballopazo said:

after a few minutes after all my dockers have gone up, my system just crashes.

can't record any logs as it disappears. 

Reboot and get us your diagnostics before it crashes.

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

See here:

Thank you Frank1940, i ran the Install/Update the Fix Common Problems plugin, then go to Tools -> Update Assistant and click "Run Tests

found one plugin backupCA that was no longer compatible with unraid and it suggested to delete it.

did a system reboot but prior i stop all auto start on vm's and dockers.

i've manually re-started 75% of my dockers and 50% of my VM's. i'm monitoring it before turning them all on... then my last test would be to do a reboot and let it all turn on automatically.

Edited by caballopazo
3 hours ago, caballopazo said:

Thank you Frank1940, i ran the Install/Update the Fix Common Problems plugin, then go to Tools -> Update Assistant and click "Run Tests

found one plugin backupCA that was no longer compatible with unraid and it suggested to delete it.

did a system reboot but prior i stop all auto start on vm's and dockers.

i've manually re-started 75% of my dockers and 50% of my VM's. i'm monitoring it before turning them all on... then my last test would be to do a reboot and let it all turn on automatically.

spoke to soon, still crashing... and i'm not able to see why....

5 hours ago, trurl said:

thank you trurl... let me sit on this for a little bit. will revert back to 6.4 for now, i had backed up my usb flash drive so all is back to how it was prior to this.  will take a stab it once my head is clearer... one thing for sure, i tried to installed Fix Common Problems plugin, but cant be found in the applications under 6.4?

wanted to start fixing issues before the next run a this.

13 hours ago, caballopazo said:

i tried to installed Fix Common Problems plugin, but cant be found in the applications under 6.4?

Maybe a lot of plugins won't be available for that old version. You may have to wait and do those checks after you upgrade.

This has all gotten a little off-topic for this release thread. Go through the rest of that link I gave and if you need more help with any of it, start a new thread in General Support with your diagnostics.

I've been on 6.8.3 for nearly a week.

Suddenly I'm having issues copying (or moving) large files from an Ubuntu machine to the Unraid server.  Sizes are 6GB to 35GB.  The error given in Ubuntu is "Connection Timed Out".  Connection is wired.  Ubuntu machine and Unraid server have both been restarted and issue persists.

I am also suddenly having problems with an MKV file trying to play through Emby.  The movie is an H264 MKV but attempts to "Direct Play" and does not transcode.  All other H254 MKV's I have transcode (I have no idea why but it works fine) to my Roku TV.

Anyone have ideas?

When using the builtin upgrade (via Tools -> Update OS) the download takes FOREVER! Whereas if I just copy that exact link, and download normally, it's done in a few seconds. Does the plug-in do anything different? or where would this slow update be coming from? To get to the 28% in the attachment, it took about 8min....

image.png.fe6e9f8333d0c5d69d46a69ab8870226.png

13 hours ago, TheMannequin said:

When using the builtin upgrade (via Tools -> Update OS) the download takes FOREVER! Whereas if I just copy that exact link, and download normally, it's done in a few seconds. Does the plug-in do anything different? or where would this slow update be coming from? To get to the 28% in the attachment, it took about 8min....

image.png.fe6e9f8333d0c5d69d46a69ab8870226.png

I'm not sure why this happens sometimes. At one point I tried getting around it by downloading the file and placing it on the server, hoping the upgrade plugin would use it. Unfortunately it deleted the file and re-downloaded it.

The last two updates had problems if the server was configured to use DHCP and LACP where it could not get an IP during reboot so it assigned itself a 169.x.x.x IP.  Has anyone successfully upgraded with the server being configured to use DHCP and LACP (bonded interfaces) or knows if this issue has been resolved?

Edited by mifronte
On 4/7/2020 at 11:09 AM, mifronte said:

The last two updates had problems if the server was configured to use DHCP and LACP where it could not get an IP during reboot so it assigned itself a 169.x.x.x IP.  Has anyone successfully upgraded with the server being configured to use DHCP and LACP (bonded interfaces) or knows if this issue has been resolved?

I always recommend using static IP for servers, either set on the server or with DCHP reservation. I fear what would happen if the unraid box got a new IP but the dockers weren't aware until they were restarted again.

23 hours ago, GeekMajic said:

I always recommend using static IP for servers, either set on the server or with DCHP reservation. I fear what would happen if the unraid box got a new IP but the dockers weren't aware until they were restarted again.

The server has a DHCP IP reservation to receive the same IP.  However, the issue was with timing between the bonded interface being ready and unRAID requesting the DHCP reservation.  If the bonded interface is not ready when unRAID request the DHCP reservation, then unRAID assigns an IP of 169.x.x.x which is not part of my network.

5 hours ago, mifronte said:

The server has a DHCP IP reservation to receive the same IP.  However, the issue was with timing between the bonded interface being ready and unRAID requesting the DHCP reservation.  If the bonded interface is not ready when unRAID request the DHCP reservation, then unRAID assigns an IP of 169.x.x.x which is not part of my network.

I am seeing the same problem,  so not fixed yet

5 hours ago, twg said:

I am seeing the same problem,  so not fixed yet

In Unraid 6.8.3 is an extra delay added to give more time for initialization of a bonded interface.

Apparently later Linux kernels handle bonding a bit different.

Please provide diagnostics, I need to investigate.

Edited by bonienl
  • Thanks 1
In Unraid 6.8.3 is an extra delay added to give more time for initialization of a bonded interface.
Apparently later Linux kernels handle bonding a bit different.
Please provide diagnostics, I need to investigate.

I Guess that explains why my server takes longer to get an ip now as compared to 6.7.0

I also have a bonded interface (in active/passive mode) but has been working well and fast in 6.7.0

Not too big of a deal but when you’re troubleshooting something else and needing to reboot constantly it does annoy a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. Ever since the 6.7 to 6.8 upgrade none have gone smoothly for me. I just tried updating to 6.8.3 and am seeing similar issues to before...

I've done a file system check on the flash drive and all appears in order. Now I did change the flash drive last year but that was well before the issues with updating came around. At the moment I've rolled back to 6.8.2 and everything is fine. I will attempt the update again this evening and pull some logs if it doesn't work.

Edited by johnieutah

I"m on UNRAID 6.7.2 and only have the option to upgrade via plugin, since the o/s update feature in TOOLS only displays my current version via dropdown menu.

You can always upgrade manually by downloading the zip file for the release from the Unraid site and extracting all the bz* type files overwriting those on the root of the flash drive.

it is a good idea to first make a backup of your flash drive so you have the ability to revert if you want to for any reason.

12 hours ago, itimpi said:

You can always upgrade manually by downloading the zip file for the release from the Unraid site and extracting all the bz* type files overwriting those on the root of the flash drive.

it is a good idea to first make a backup of your flash drive so you have the ability to revert if you want to for any reason.

Thank you for your prompt response. I was able to upgrade UNRAID OS per your instructions using the same usb drive.

The dockers and plugins installed continue to function, but I am not able to upgrade anything.

I removed the binhex-Krusader docker, as a test, and tried to add the docker again, but was not found locally. 

Ran FIX COMMON PROBLEMS and got the following error message, but don't understand what is the solution. 

ERRORS FOUNDSUGGESTED FIX

Unable to communicate with GitHub.comReset your modem / router or try again later, or set your  to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Also make sure that you have a Gateway address set up (Your Router's IP address). Additionally, this may also mean that GitHub is currently down. This error means that you may not be able to update your OS or plugins

Sorry, did not mean to hijack topic. Should I post elsewhere!?

tower-diagnostics-20200425-1123.zip

1 hour ago, socbuter said:

Ran FIX COMMON PROBLEMS and got the following error message, but don't understand what is the solution. 

Settings - Network Settings.  Set your DNS addresses (currently they are set to "...") to either 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or 208.67.220.220 / 208.67.222.222)

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Settings - Network Settings.  Set your DNS addresses (currently they are set to "...") to either 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or 208.67.220.220 / 208.67.222.222)

Your help was much appreciated! All dockers and plugins have updated successfully.

Thank you!