limetech

Unraid OS version 6.8.3 available

138 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi all, 

i've updated from 6.4 boots perfectly, but after a few minutes after all my dockers have gone up, my system just crashes.

can't record any logs as it disappears. 

is there anything i should had done previously before moving from 6.4 to 6.8?

47 minutes ago, caballopazo said:

Hi all, 

i've updated from 6.4 boots perfectly, but after a few minutes after all my dockers have gone up, my system just crashes.

is there anything i should had done previously before moving from 6.4 to 6.8?

See here:

40 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

See here:

Not sure what you intended since that link just comes back here.

Perhaps you meant this:

1 hour ago, caballopazo said:

after a few minutes after all my dockers have gone up, my system just crashes.

Reboot and get us your diagnostics before it crashes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

See here:

Thank you Frank1940, i ran the Install/Update the Fix Common Problems plugin, then go to Tools -> Update Assistant and click "Run Tests

found one plugin backupCA that was no longer compatible with unraid and it suggested to delete it.

did a system reboot but prior i stop all auto start on vm's and dockers.

i've manually re-started 75% of my dockers and 50% of my VM's. i'm monitoring it before turning them all on... then my last test would be to do a reboot and let it all turn on automatically.

Edited by caballopazo

3 hours ago, caballopazo said:

Thank you Frank1940, i ran the Install/Update the Fix Common Problems plugin, then go to Tools -> Update Assistant and click "Run Tests

found one plugin backupCA that was no longer compatible with unraid and it suggested to delete it.

did a system reboot but prior i stop all auto start on vm's and dockers.

i've manually re-started 75% of my dockers and 50% of my VM's. i'm monitoring it before turning them all on... then my last test would be to do a reboot and let it all turn on automatically.

spoke to soon, still crashing... and i'm not able to see why....

1 hour ago, caballopazo said:

spoke to soon, still crashing... and i'm not able to see why....

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Reboot and get us your diagnostics before it crashes.

5 hours ago, trurl said:

thank you trurl... let me sit on this for a little bit. will revert back to 6.4 for now, i had backed up my usb flash drive so all is back to how it was prior to this.  will take a stab it once my head is clearer... one thing for sure, i tried to installed Fix Common Problems plugin, but cant be found in the applications under 6.4?

wanted to start fixing issues before the next run a this.

13 hours ago, caballopazo said:

i tried to installed Fix Common Problems plugin, but cant be found in the applications under 6.4?

Maybe a lot of plugins won't be available for that old version. You may have to wait and do those checks after you upgrade.

This has all gotten a little off-topic for this release thread. Go through the rest of that link I gave and if you need more help with any of it, start a new thread in General Support with your diagnostics.

14 hours ago, caballopazo said:

i tried to installed Fix Common Problems plugin, but cant be found in the applications under 6.4?

FCP's minimum required OS version is 6.7.0  The apps tab only ever shows you what is compatible with your system.

I've been on 6.8.3 for nearly a week.

Suddenly I'm having issues copying (or moving) large files from an Ubuntu machine to the Unraid server.  Sizes are 6GB to 35GB.  The error given in Ubuntu is "Connection Timed Out".  Connection is wired.  Ubuntu machine and Unraid server have both been restarted and issue persists.

I am also suddenly having problems with an MKV file trying to play through Emby.  The movie is an H264 MKV but attempts to "Direct Play" and does not transcode.  All other H254 MKV's I have transcode (I have no idea why but it works fine) to my Roku TV.

Anyone have ideas?

4 hours ago, ur6969 said:

Anyone have ideas?

Not without the diagnostics, please start a thread on the general support forum and add the diags after a failed copy.

On my DL380p I have several LSI controllers and one HP 410 with a 1tb (not in an array) and 2 4tb drives (in a raid 0 array).  I have these directly mounted in a Windows 10 VM.  At some point in the dev cycle on 6.8.2/6.8.3 I've lost the ability to start that VM, as the 8tb container isn't seen by Unraid anymore.  I don't use that particular VM much, so I'm not sure when during that cycle it happened.  Anybody have any ideas as to why it's not seeing that raid 0/stripe container now, but does see the 1tb fine?

Attached are my diagnostic files, just in case it's needed..

media01-diagnostics-20200326-2109.zip