No access to LAN devices when docker set to "Access Host" mode in 6.8.2

As title says, when Host Access is enabled in the docker settings, WireGuard VPN can no longer access lan devices when connected.

Not sure if this is a bug or an consequence of docker host access mode.

Disabling this feature allows access to lan deivces such as being able to access router admin via gateway.

You need to give more background information to understand what is happening in your situation.

From where/what device are your trying to get access?

And what are the details of the LAN devices which can't be accessed?

Enabling "host access to containers" should not break local communication, and this looks like something particular to your environment.

I have two peers configured in wireguard, one is "Remote access to LAN" the other is "Remote Tunneled Access"

If I enable Docker Host Access to Custom Networks and I am away from my home network (LTE) and I turn either of my wireguard connections, my remote device can no longer access devices on my network beyond unraid machine. For example I can not log into my router by going to "192.168.1.1" it just times out. Same thing happens when I try and navigate to my HDHomeRun network tuner which has a local IP of 192.168.1.199. (DHCP pool is set to 192.168.1.201~254 so there is no overlap and my unraid server is 192.168.1.200)

Everything else is like normal.

If I revert the change to docker config, it goes back to normal which got me thinking that whatever this feature enables, it thinks that 192.168.1.1 is now part of the custom network br0 which is configured for 192.168.1.0/24. I don't have any dockers on br0 with a custom IP of 192.168.1.1 (router gateway)

In a way I guess this sort of answers why it happens. My next question is how do I make the change so br0 is on a different subnet?

Edit: I am unable to even ping anything except for my unraid server unless I turn that feature off.

Edited by MowMdown
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...