Upgrade 6.8.2 => 6.8.3 - some drive temps no longer showing

Good Evening All,

Just upgraded Unraid from 6.8.2 to 6.8.3, all went well - Thank you Unraid team... The only issue I am experiencing is that 4 of my data drives (spinners - out of the 28) are no longer displaying their temperature in the Main tab. They did previously under 6.8.2. 

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this, maybe a big, firmware related, or I just chalk it up to 'stuff' happens.

At any rate, flawless upgrade and thanks again to the Unraid team!

-MW

1609849776_ScreenShot2020-03-07at11_49_36PM.thumb.png.1a6a921a1f9bddf7096d61fae0b18b21.png

tower-diagnostics-20200307-2347.zip

2 hours ago, mfwade said:

The only issue I am experiencing is that 4 of my data drives (spinners - out of the 28) are no longer displaying their temperature in the Main tab

Temperature display is controlled independently and its interval is determined by the setting "Tunable (poll_attributes)" which by default is set to 30 minutes.

You may make this interval shorter, eg. 3 minutes (180s) to get faster updates.

Bonieni , thanks for the response. Unfortunately, after 17 hours of uptime (since the upgrade reboot) the drives still do not display their temps. I did not make any changes as you outlined in your response.

It isn’t really that important rather a minor nuisance. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing similar or am I just that lucky 😀

An additional note, I may open a different thread, the issue that others previously reported wherein when clicking the view logs button from the main tab, it now prompts for a user name and password from my Mac (safari and chrome), and iPad (safari and chrome). I will try from a Winblows laptop later today and report back.

Thanks agin,

-MW

It doesn't look like an Unraid problem, strange it was working before, those disks are not reporting temp, e.g.:, disk2:

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: OK
Current Drive Temperature:     0 C
Drive Trip Temperature:        0 C

The other disks are, e.g. disk 10:

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: OK

Percentage used endurance indicator: 6%
Current Drive Temperature:     30 C
Drive Trip Temperature:        63 C

That comes from the SMART data, can't see how the upgrade could affect that, can you downgrade back to v6.8.2 to confirm? Pleas post new diags if it is working.

Thanks Johnnie, for now I will just remain on 6.8.2 unless you have a compelling reason for me to go up to 6.8.3. I typically try to go to the newer versions at home however, for now I will use the same tactic I use for work N-1 and 6.8.2 is the -1 for now.

Thanks again,

-MW

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, ChatNoir said:

Smartmontools are on 7.2 in 6.10RC

but, how we do that?

Changeset 5074

https://www.smartmontools.org/changeset/5074

scsiprint.cpp: Attempted fix to tickets 1272, 1331 and 1346

6          The difficulty is handling SCSI log _sub_-pages that hold

7          info about SSDs and newer hard drives, against older

8          devices (20 year old disks?) that do many and varied

9          things when asked to list supported sub-pages. Add a

10          heuristic and change some naming.