Unraid OS version 6.9 beta1 available

2 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I hope that little birdie is correct. Obviously I hope the unraid team is safe, I just wanted to see if they had an update that’s all. We’ll be safe out there and have a great day. 

They are moving very quickly.

But the changes could cause file loss if not tested, hence why they aren't rushing out beta's.

Imagine people losing data and freaking out about why wasn't this tested more :)

Plus they need to give plugin creators time to support Multi-Language support.

Edited by Dazog
18 minutes ago, Dazog said:

But the changes could cause file loss if not tested, hence why they aren't rushing out beta's.

Imagine people losing data and freaking out about why wasn't this tested more :)

I agree with you. 

5 hours ago, Dazog said:

I agree, I bet they are testing recovery of the multiple pools.

Just wanted to give my thanks to the team for the effort in 6.9! I'm patiently waiting to 5.x to leverage the new HW. :D

I very much appreciate you working on this even in the general stress situation we're in...

Keep up the good work!!

• Like 3
On 5/13/2020 at 11:31 PM, Dazog said:

@limetech

https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/ixgbe stable/5.7.1/

Intel FINALLY gets around 5.6 support out of kernel.

From link above.

Changes in this release: - Added support for 5.6 kernel version (probably = next stable unraid 6.9.x)

ixgbe is linux driver for for intel 10 Gb network controllers 82598 and 82599.

Source: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005688/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Edited by Alexander
On 3/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, jowi said:

From the 6.8 release:

"Linux kernel

We started 6.8 development and initial testing using Linux 5.x kernel.  However there remains an issue when VM's and Docker containers using static IP addresses are both running on the same host network interface.  This issue does not occur with the 4.19 kernel.  We are still studying this issue and plan to address it in the Unraid 6.9 release."

Is this (or will this be) solved in this release?

ANY news on this yet? 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:55 AM, limetech said:

Multiple cache pools being internally tested now.  Multi array pools not in the cards for this release.

Please allow SAS drives to spin down before even getting more array pools, I think spinning SAS drives up and down should not be that difficult and will allow us to have larger arrays. Then we will be so happy to get multiple pools :)

Thanks a lot.

5 hours ago, Cliff said:

Is there any planned updates regarding Wireguard ? I think the possibility to route only specific docker-traffic through the Wireguard interface is wanted by many.

Until that is a feature, I would think it should be possible to build wireguard into the containers. I haven't experimented with that, but I would imagine it should be possible. I could be very very wrong though.

On 6/2/2020 at 5:49 AM, Cliff said:

Is there any planned updates regarding Wireguard ? I think the possibility to route only specific docker-traffic through the Wireguard interface is wanted by many.

This actually shouldn't be too difficult? Wireguard could run on the host and connect to a bridge you setup on the host, then connect all your dockers to that specific bridge. IIRC SpaceInvaderone shows you how to add a "proxynet" docker network (bridge) on youtube. Then you could possibly setup one wireguard tunnel to lead to that bridge? This is all in theory, I've not personally tried this.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, Cliff said:

I think the Linuxserver guys have a docker image that could accommodate this, don't think there is an unraid template yet though

• Like 1

As a firmware developer, I appreciate all the effort that goes into getting a new release ready for deployment in the wild. There's regression testing, talking with active plugin developers, usability studies, validation testing, fuzz testing, scanning for copyrighted material, etc... Oh crap, bug found. Start over at the beginning and repeat until it is good enough to deploy. Have arguments about what is "good enough". Defeature what isn't stable for this release. Start over with testing. This is the normal stress involved. Now add in COVID on top of it and turn the blender up to 11. I'm sure they are doing what they can as fast as they can giving the circumstances of their professional and personal lives. Remember, updates are FREE for life and their personal lives are none of our business. They released 6.8.3 just 3 months ago.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, BiosDude said:

As a firmware developer, I appreciate all the effort that goes into getting a new release ready for deployment in the wild. There's regression testing, talking with active plugin developers, usability studies, validation testing, fuzz testing, scanning for copyrighted material, etc... Oh crap, bug found. Start over at the beginning and repeat until it is good enough to deploy. Have arguments about what is "good enough". Defeature what isn't stable for this release. Start over with testing. This is the normal stress involved. Now add in COVID on top of it and turn the blender up to 11. I'm sure they are doing what they can as fast as they can giving the circumstances of their professional and personal lives. Remember, updates are FREE for life and their personal lives are none of our business. They released 6.8.3 just 3 months ago.

Devops

On 6/4/2020 at 10:36 AM, Killerfly said:

Can we get an update what is going on whit the beta, 3 month whit no info from limetech, is just not ok

That's an unbelievably selfish view to have on this. We would all like a new release with new features, bugs fixed, etc. but it's not as simple as just flicking a switch and with the current world pandemic things are likely to take even longer. The fact that your only post on here is to bitch that it's been 3 months since a release speaks volumes about how little you know about development and thus aren't in the position to be able to judge.

Edited by cobhc
  • Like 4
On 6/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, Killerfly said:

Can we get an update what is going on whit the beta

Update: there is a lot going one

On 6/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Cliff said:

Is there any planned updates regarding Wireguard ?

Yes, there are always plans

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3