Out of memory on server

I'm getting out of memory errors on my unraid server even though the server has 40gb of ecc memory in it. Every few days or so I have to restart the server (Hp DL380 g7) The server currently has only 2 dockers running on it (duckdns and openvpn) I've tried using the tips and tweaks plugin to adjust the Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_background_ratio' (%) and the Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_ratio' (%) each time I get the out of memory error. Am I missing/overlooking something?

moseley-diagnostics-20200308-2306.zip

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. VMs were not running or suspended at the time the issue happened. i have CPU pinning set on all Docker images. meaning at least 2 cores are left untouched by any image at all times. 

When the issue happens, the CPU is pegged at 100%-98%. RAM is stuck at 100%. For the most part nothing responds, the web UI works from another machine on the same LAN. but i cant stop dockers, or even reboot. I also attempted to disable docker in the setting to no avail. 

I was only able to regain control by launching a terminal window and entering this command. "docker stop $(docker ps -aq)" Which i think is just a docker image stop command. After waiting for about 45 minutes, the command starts to work. all the docker images stop and the system seems to return to normal. 

Any way you all can help me figure out the root cause?

aeroserver2-diagnostics-20200422-1234.zip