[SOLVED] [6.8.3] No br0 on unraid after updating

I installed the 6.8.3 update and all of my VMs were showing the error `Cannot get interface MTU on 'br0': No such device`, so I opened the configs and resaved them and things started partially working, but all of my VMs are now connected to `virbr0` and `br0` no longer exists. I looked around in the forums and tried running:

- `rm /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db` followed by `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart`

- I deleted the docker image and reinstalled all of the dockers

- I tried looking the in system network settings, but br0 is just completely gone. 

When I run `docker network list` I get:

NETWORK ID          NAME                DRIVER              SCOPE
e29e59559969        bridge              bridge              local
bfbd871c4e0f        host                host                local
77fc2a1fcd1f        none                null                local

And my routing table also no longer has a br0.

1524339765_ScreenShot2020-03-10at5_28_39PM.thumb.png.1d63167e5181a36258b37db58a66e037.png

I was having some other issues, but it seems like all my VMs are now in the 192.168.122.xxx range which is causing a lot of other issues. Any help on how to get br0 back so that the VMs go back into the 192.168.85.xxx range would be really appreciated.

• Like 1

Right after I posted this I finally found a post that said to rename the `/boot/config/network.cfg` to `/boot/config/network.cfg.bak` and it looks like that has restored the `br0` and all the other missing settings!

EDIT: As a side piece of information this has also fixed my Steam Link issues. I was having the connection fail at anything above 20 MB/s on the virbr0 connection, but now that the VM is back on br0 my Apple TV devices can connect to Steam Link at the full 100 MB/s rates!

EDIT 2: This also fixed all of the issues I was having with the Wireguard Remote Tunneled Access not being able to browse anything outside of my local network. I'm not sure exactly what happened to corrupt the network file, but I'm glad its fixed now.

Edited by phrozen087
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, Thank you soo much!  This also resolved my issue too! 

I was getting an error during Unraid boot process that would pause the process that said something like:

"Cannot find interface 'br0': No such device" or "Interface not found br0: No such device"...

Unfortunately , I lost the photo that I took when it was happening) but it was preventing Unraid from continuing through the boot-up process.  Requiring me to I connect a monitor & keyboard to my server (which is intended to be headless tucked away in my network closet), and then use the keyboard to hit key(s) to continue, which would then allow the boot process to continue.  It was super stable staying up for 60+ days, etc., but frustrating none-the-less and was not reliable to trust that the server could recover on it's own after a power outage . . . We had a power outage last night and of course Unraid didn't boot up.

I've been searching for months for something to help understand this issue . . . and FINALLY found this simple thread!  Sure wish this bit of info. could be in the error message that it was giving :-).   This definitely seems to have resolved my issue, now it's finally booting cleanly without manual intervention!

Thanks @phrozen087 for the post, and for answering your own question (I never found that other post you found)!!!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] [6.8.3] No br0 on unraid after updating
  • 2 years later...