Update Unavailable

I use the Oauth2 Proxy template which uses the image quay.io/pusher/oauth2_proxy

unRAID used to show that an update was always available, even if that wasn't the case. This wasn't an issue as I would just do a manual update every now and again.

However, I have recently noticed it is now showing Update Unavailable preventing my from pulling any updates. I can open advanced mode and force an update, but its not ideal. I have just updated to 6.8.3, so not sure if this issue was introduced then.

Is there anything that can do done to fix/change this behaviour.

I understand the idea behind the change but personally I think it's a PITA. I do not create the docker image, just the unraid template. As such I have no control over the docker image host. Now I will have to make any users of the template aware that to update it they must open advanced options and force an update. 

Does this change affect the way automatic updates work? Will the script not attempt a pull as unraid says its unavailable?