New Build - Questions

I have a Poweredge Blade Server and want to make it my VM and Docker Unraid Machine, currently windows server 2012 with hyper-V (my other machine is in my signature) - The machine in my signature is going to be PLEX and storage machine.

I don't really need storage in the new machine. I read that a SSD array is not "recommended" or "supported" - has anybody had an experience with that or tested? I was thinking of keeping 2x of the 512gb 10k drives for data array with parity, and 2-3 SSD drives for a cache pool for VM storage and Docker Storage. I would do 4-5 SSD's if it was OK to do that, but like I have read its not supported. 

I just want to have SSD speed for the entire system, I will use CA/Backup for Data retention of the dockers.

Just looking for anybody who has a similar system and what they did and or give me some insight. 

Thanks!

It's fine to use SSDs in the array, at least for most of them, I remember an old Kingston model that would give a few sync errors after a power cycle, but it's the only one I know about, the main issue currently is that the SSDs in the array can't be trimmed, so they might lose some write performance/endurance, also I recommended using a faster SSD for parity, I've been using a small SSD array for some time and it's working well for now, don't notice any performance issues even without trim, I use regular SSDs for data devices and a NVMe device for parity.