[Plugin] Docker Folder

• 3 weeks later...

@GuildDarts I finally upgraded my system to 6.9.2 and with that I updated your plugin to latest version too. But with that I got this:

docker-folder.jpg.432702c66241943cf255ade3375db6e8.jpg 

Empty column taking 1/5 or 1/6 of my browser window width. Is it possible to turn this column off somehow? I mostly use Docker dialogs instead of Folder dropdown/expand list so it's complete waste of valuable space for me.

4 hours ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

Has there been any reports of system instability using this plug-in?

Nothing that I can think of, there have been a few bugs where your folders would disappear or a script would loop forever, but nothing crazy as of late :)

4 hours ago, bambi73 said:

@GuildDarts I finally upgraded my system to 6.9.2 and with that I updated your plugin to latest version too. But with that I got this:

docker-folder.jpg.432702c66241943cf255ade3375db6e8.jpg 

Empty column taking 1/5 or 1/6 of my browser window width. Is it possible to turn this column off somehow? I mostly use Docker dialogs instead of Folder dropdown/expand list so it's complete waste of valuable space for me.

Just pushed an update with this its under the global settings :) (Nuke uptime column)

4 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

Nothing that I can think of, there have been a few bugs where your folders would disappear or a script would loop forever, but nothing crazy as of late :)

Just pushed an update with this its under the global settings :) (Nuke uptime column)

I installed the plugin a few weeks back and had issues with the machine becoming completely unresponsive via both Web and SSH that included all the running dockers. This happened almost every day until I uninstalled it a few days back. I assumed it was other dockers that I had installed since then.

I don't have any proof of this though as there was never anything in the logs at all. I had discounted the possibility of the crashes were due to this, but everything is back to normal once uninstalled.

I'll give it another go in a few weeks again as it's a very good addition to unRaid. I need the server for some vital tasks at present.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

I installed the plugin a few weeks back and had issues with the machine becoming completely unresponsive via both Web and SSH that included all the running dockers. This happened almost every day until I uninstalled it a few days back. I assumed it was other dockers that I had installed since then.

I don't have any proof of this though as there was never anything in the logs at all. I had discounted the possibility of the crashes were due to this, but everything is back to normal once uninstalled.

I'll give it another go in a few weeks again as it's a very good addition to unRaid. I need the server for some vital tasks at present.

I can't think of anything the plugins does that would mess with SSH. Weird that it stopped when you uninstalled but glad that your server it no longer crashing/unresponsive
Hope it works next time you try it :)

Just now, GuildDarts said:

I can't think of anything the plugins does that would mess with SSH. Weird that it stopped when you uninstalled but glad that your server it no longer crashing/unresponsive
Hope it works next time you try it :)

Neither can I! That's what took me so long to find out why it was crashing. Very strange.

Thinking back though, at one point I had an issue where I selected "animate on hover" which caused the folder to disappear and the UI to become unresponsive. Eventually I managed to delete the folder and recreate it.

Maybe this happened twice. I wonder if it's linked.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

Neither can I! That's what took me so long to find out why it was crashing. Very strange.

Thinking back though, at one point I had an issue where I selected "animate on hover" which caused the folder to disappear and the UI to become unresponsive. Eventually I managed to delete the folder and recreate it.

Maybe this happened twice. I wonder if it's linked.

I think someone else reported an issue with "animate on hover" a while back think it was broken on safari
Just tried to enable the option on one of my folders but nothing broke. Either the issue is fixed now (please this) or it's a combination or options that breaks it
Please do report it if you find the issue when you try again :)

I'm getting an error when trying to install... However, reading the last few posts here I'm wondering if I should install or if there are issues with the latest version of unraid? 

Anyway, the error i'm getting is: 

Warning: mkdir(): Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 264
plugin: unable to create parent directory for /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/docker.folder-2021.07.04-x86_64-1.txz

I'm not sure if there's a larger issue that just this plugin, but i'm looking at this post and currently "scurbbing" the cache drive just as a step 1. I'm not very unraid savvy yet, but trying! Any suggestions would be great! 

6 minutes ago, BirdHeezy said:

I'm getting an error when trying to install... However, reading the last few posts here I'm wondering if I should install or if there are issues with the latest version of unraid? 

Anyway, the error i'm getting is: 

Warning: mkdir(): Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 264
plugin: unable to create parent directory for /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/docker.folder-2021.07.04-x86_64-1.txz

I'm not sure if there's a larger issue that just this plugin, but i'm looking at this post and currently "scurbbing" the cache drive just as a step 1. I'm not very unraid savvy yet, but trying! Any suggestions would be great! 

Yeah, I think this is a general unraid issue never seen it before tho. My best guess would be something is wrong with your usb but thats just a guess. If someone else does not chime in here I would suggest making a new thread under general support
Hope you can find a fix ^_^

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

Yeah, I think this is a general unraid issue never seen it before tho. My best guess would be something is wrong with your usb but thats just a guess. If someone else does not chime in here I would suggest making a new thread under general support
Hope you can find a fix ^_^

Swapped out my flash drive... all good now! Thanks! 

18 hours ago, shaunmccloud said:

Any idea why I'm getting this from Docker Folders on the VM tab but not the Docker tab?

2021-07-14 12_44_43-BB-8_VMs.png

The docker and vm folders are 2 different files. Looks like something bad happened to the folders-vm file
You can take a look at the file in /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders-vm.json you might be able to spot whats wrong, or you can attach it in a post if you want and i take a look. You can also just delete the file that will make the error go away, but you will lose your folders :(
Sorry that this happened thought i had ironed out all this issues *sigh. Do you have any idea what cause it so that i might fix it?

On 7/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, GuildDarts said:

The docker and vm folders are 2 different files. Looks like something bad happened to the folders-vm file
You can take a look at the file in /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders-vm.json you might be able to spot whats wrong, or you can attach it in a post if you want and i take a look. You can also just delete the file that will make the error go away, but you will lose your folders :(
Sorry that this happened thought i had ironed out all this issues *sigh. Do you have any idea what cause it so that i might fix it?

I'm also having this issue. Do you know the step by step of what i need to do to fix this, or is it better to just stop using Docker Folders?

5 minutes ago, DrivePool9015 said:

I'm also having this issue. Do you know the step by step of what i need to do to fix this, or is it better to just stop using Docker Folders?

if its happening for vm then you can run 'rm /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders-vm.json' and if its for docker then just remove the -vm (this will delete your folders tho)
Sorry that you have this issue, i would love to fix it its just that i dont know what causes it :(
Do you remember doing anything to cause this or did it just happen?

Edited by GuildDarts
2 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

if its happening for vm then you can run 'rm /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders-vm.json' and if its for docker then just remove the -vm (this will delete your folders tho)
Sorry that you have this issue, i would love to fix it its just that i dont know what causes it :(
Do you remember doing anything to cause this or did it just happen?

I think it just started happening, maybe it was after updating to Unraid 6.9.2?

8 hours ago, DrivePool9015 said:

I think it just started happening, maybe it was after updating to Unraid 6.9.2?

Could be possible tho its kinda hard to test for that as im already on 6.9.2

Think i will sadly just have to wait for the next person to experience this and see if they report the same :(

• 2 weeks later...