[Plugin] Docker Folder

3 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Been messing around getting this setup with my ~70 dockers today.

I am curious, what do the Add button and divider options do? I have tried adding them but can't see any difference? It looks like you could add a button that runs a command in the docker, this would be really handy for a few dockers that I have to tweak some manual stuff when they are updated.

Some of the options are missing descriptions, would be cool to add in some descriptions to explain what they do. I had to toggle some of them on and off a few times to figure out what they did.

Otherwise VERY nice work. I have been having to scroll through all 70 dockers for months and it gets old lol.

70O.o When you hover over the text for the options your mouse pointer should change to a question mark thing and when you then click it will show a little blue help box.
But yeah there are a few that dont have it like Container/VM preview, if thats what you mean?
brave_Dm1BLtf4f9.png.ae43933a99e090e36b1089b704027e0f.png

The add button also has a little question mark in the top left that will show some help info but that only seams to work for the webui option (will fix that). The Docker Action option will run docker start/stop/etc for all your containers in the folder. The Docker Sub Menu will show the menu for the selected docker in a sub menu (picture below shows). Finally, the bash option with run what ever you put in the cmd option e.g. could be the path to some script or just "cd /some/dir; docker-compose up -d"
Oh and the divider option just adds the small grey lines between the buttons to help things look nicer :)
brave_mZTyN6DcRx.png.83a0de4ecbb163e86306b7ab766f22b7.png

Edited by GuildDarts

Ah, ok, now I see how those button options work. I could not figure out where it added the buttons. Very handy indeed. Particularly the command option.

Yes, the Container/VM preview and I think there was 1 or 2 more that didn't have the description option. Took some experimentation to figure out what they did exactly.

17 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

Good idea, will see if i cant find a good way to get label data. Would making a label e.g. dockerFolder.folderId = someid and any container with that label gets added to the folder with said id achieve the same result you're after?
Think that would be a bit cleaner as you only have to make a folder then add the label to the folder

Yeah that would be perfect! Using the Folder Name as the label value is what I originally imagined when posting (dockerFolder.folderId = Downloaders) but I imagine using a unique identifier for the docker folders would make it less prone to issues?

Would honestly be happy to adapt to anything, not sure how others are using the regex option but apart from the obvious *arrs nothing really works in my experience unless I just construct an ugly expression that is basically ORing container names together in which case I might as well just manually toggle them to be included.

4 hours ago, ungeek67 said:

Yeah that would be perfect! Using the Folder Name as the label value is what I originally imagined when posting (dockerFolder.folderId = Downloaders) but I imagine using a unique identifier for the docker folders would make it less prone to issues?

Would honestly be happy to adapt to anything, not sure how others are using the regex option but apart from the obvious *arrs nothing really works in my experience unless I just construct an ugly expression that is basically ORing container names together in which case I might as well just manually toggle them to be included.

The reason why i went with dockerFolder.folderId is that technically 2 folders can have the same name as it only checks if another folder has the same id. Think i will add a dockerFolder.folderName which will just pick the first match, so as long as you dont have 2 folders with the same name (which i doubt anyone actually has) it will just work

The reason why i added the regex option was for pterodactyl as it creates a container for every game server with a random name. And i did not want to manually select the containers every time i created a new server. Think its the example shown if you open the regex help text

Edited by GuildDarts

I installed docker folders and have two weird issues,  let me start with I followed Ibracorps video and guide and love the idea of it working.

I tried to use a single folder animated or static icon and it immediately breaks the folders and shows one folder ( the one the image is assigned to) and then all the remaining dockers separate with no image,  I tried multiple images and even local file vs url to image.

second,  stranger than above,  my cloudflared stops communicating with my lan and many of my dockers lose connectivity when in a folder.  two dockers in their own separate folders can't talk but the two in the same folder can.  ALL are on the Bridge or Host.

I did try using a custom docker network, but it can't be assigned, as it shows in the drop down, select then apply and the docker says "unable to find network "custom: __________"

Removing folders plugin immediately resolves the above issues.

7 hours ago, fmp4m said:

I tried to use a single folder animated or static icon and it immediately breaks the folders and shows one folder ( the one the image is assigned to) and then all the remaining dockers separate with no image,  I tried multiple images and even local file vs url to image.

Did you enable the option "Only animate icon on hover" i found that it can cause folders not to load if you use it with an icon from a url. i have a fix for it just have the pushed it yet. If thats not the issue then could you open the browser console and check what errors you might be getting?

7 hours ago, fmp4m said:

second,  stranger than above,  my cloudflared stops communicating with my lan and many of my dockers lose connectivity when in a folder.  two dockers in their own separate folders can't talk but the two in the same folder can.  ALL are on the Bridge or Host.

That is indeed very strange, all the plugins does is really just some javascript i cant see how that would have an effect on containers being able to communicate. Just tried on my own system putting 2 containers in separate folders but i could still ping from on to the other

14 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

Did you enable the option "Only animate icon on hover" i found that it can cause folders not to load if you use it with an icon from a url. i have a fix for it just have the pushed it yet. If thats not the issue then could you open the browser console and check what errors you might be getting?

That is indeed very strange, all the plugins does is really just some javascript i cant see how that would have an effect on containers being able to communicate. Just tried on my own system putting 2 containers in separate folders but i could still ping from on to the other

Yes, I did use the only enable animate on hover as I can't stand continual motion,  the moving items need my attentions (ADHD) so only when hovering is needed.  

When you push the hover fix, I will retry and maybe we can troubleshoot the communication issue.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, fmp4m said:

Yes, I did use the only enable animate on hover as I can't stand continual motion,  the moving items need my attentions (ADHD) so only when hovering is needed.  

When you push the hover fix, I will retry and maybe we can troubleshoot the communication issue.

Just pushed an update with the fix, if you wanna give it a go ^_^

• Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 10:49 AM, fmp4m said:

I will this afternoon and report back.

GuildDarts, The fix worked.  I was able to add an Animated When Hover only svg icon.   I only created one folder and put 4 things in it, and it works.  I will fully test later but so far, no network interruption either.

1 hour ago, fmp4m said:

GuildDarts, The fix worked.  I was able to add an Animated When Hover only svg icon.   I only created one folder and put 4 things in it, and it works.  I will fully test later but so far, no network interruption either.

Ok - bug.  It changes all docker icon's to the same as the folder icon.  IE Cloudflared/Redis now have my Network icon instead of their own when collapsed.  when expanded they have their icon.   If the folder icon over-rules the docker application icon, it should strip it and only show the text.

I’ve noticed that docker folders on the dashboard has a GUI issue where the icons start mis-aligned when you load the dashboard page on any zoomed out / smaller resolution screen (for example, below is my iPad). Happens on iPhone safari mobile as well. Is there something internally to fix this? Would love to make it look consistent with desktop since I typically am accessing unraid from my iPad when away from my desk.

07C33B84-5844-481C-82C2-7B00BE543645.jpeg

5 hours ago, fmp4m said:

Ok - bug.  It changes all docker icon's to the same as the folder icon.  IE Cloudflared/Redis now have my Network icon instead of their own when collapsed.  when expanded they have their icon.   If the folder icon over-rules the docker application icon, it should strip it and only show the text.

Dang i had fixed that but guess i forgot to include the fix *facepalm

currently not able to push a fix as im not at a pc, will be in a few days

5 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

I’ve noticed that docker folders on the dashboard has a GUI issue where the icons start mis-aligned when you load the dashboard page on any zoomed out / smaller resolution screen (for example, below is my iPad). Happens on iPhone safari mobile as well. Is there something internally to fix this? Would love to make it look consistent with desktop since I typically am accessing unraid from my iPad when away from my desk.

Just tired this on an ipad and see the same thing. Will fix it when i get to a pc :)

Edited by GuildDarts
  • Thanks 2
On 8/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, GuildDarts said:

Dang i had fixed that but guess i forgot to include the fix *facepalm

currently not able to push a fix as im not at a pc, will be in a few days

Just tired this on an ipad and see the same thing. Will fix it when i get to a pc :)

awesome looking forward to it. Thanks for being so responsive to user feedback :)

• 2 weeks later...

@GuildDarts Apologies if this isn't really a suitable place for this, but thought I'd ask - 

As a feature request, what about the possibility of adding simple folder functionality to the User Scripts page as well (plugin from @Squid)? I was helping a friend with their unpaid server last night, having him walk me through the steps he'd taken to recreate an issue, and in the course of this saw his user scripts page... It had something like 40+ scripts that he'd accumulated, of which around half of them were manual activation only and used infrequently (though I confirmed he *does* actually still use them). It was a mess of scrolling lol. I mostly just use cron, so I'd not really experienced this, but I'd imagine there are others who'd similarly benefit from some organization ability in the user scripts space.

The reason I came to ask here was that we've already got the great folder functionality for docker and VMs in the plugin, and thought to check if this kind of thing was in line with the spirit of the plugins purpose; I could foresee having folders/buttons for each of the options (daily/weekly/monthly/etc), then selecting one of them to drop-down the contents of each and display them as they would normally. 

If this doesn't really jive with the existing plugin's purpose/design (and I'd understand for sure, as these are static displays that don't really need 'monitoring', and that monitoring is one of the huge values of this plugin), no worries at all, and I'll hit up @Squid's plugin's support page.

Thanks for taking the time!

• Like 1

Love this plugin. 

I searched this thread an other places, could not find my issue. Hope it's not asked and answered.

I installed the folder plugin before deploying most of my containers. I played around with the order and put my db container way on top. As some containers depend on the DB, i put in a wait time on the db container. 

Now I started using @Squid's great "Appdata Backup/Restore v2" plugin. I make a nightly backup and noticed every morning some containers depending on the DB failed. Looking closely, the backup plugin did not follow the order I had set.

some digging later, I discovered my /var/lib/docker/unraid-autostart was completely different then my order in my docker.folder view.

I removed the docker.folder plugin, reordered my containers in the standard view, which got me an updated /var/lib/docker/unraid-autostart. 

After this I reinstalled the docker.folder plugin. Now the start of dockers after a backup follow my preferred order and wait times.

Not sure if I should expect changing the order within docker.folder would change the /var/lib/docker/unraid-autostart.

This has been driving me crazy lately, hope there is some kind of fix for this. When I'm looking at the docker section, I would see certain folders are "expanded" but then the containers are shown in another folder. https://imgur.com/DcM6IBN If I minimize the folder then expanded, then the containers would visually show in the correct folder https://imgur.com/CmxQmVO. Then once I reload the docker page, it's back to the way it was before. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:45 PM, ziggie216 said:

This has been driving me crazy lately, hope there is some kind of fix for this. When I'm looking at the docker section, I would see certain folders are "expanded" but then the containers are shown in another folder. https://imgur.com/DcM6IBN If I minimize the folder then expanded, then the containers would visually show in the correct folder https://imgur.com/CmxQmVO. Then once I reload the docker page, it's back to the way it was before. 

Do you have the Full Width plugin installed? Also, do you notice if this typically occurs with smaller windows (as opposed to full screen, or otherwise)?

I've noticed that some pages get kinda wonky when attempting to view them in a window that's been resized smaller, or any time I'm browsing it from something that's only got something like an 800x600 resolution available to it. It's rare for me to do so, so I've just kept both plugins installed and keep it in mind any time I see something screwy like this.

51 minutes ago, Danuel said:

anyone have any icon pack that is not animated ? something with grey or dark background

Any reason not to just use one of the icons from an app contained within the folder and using grayscale render? Or if I'm misunderstanding the question, can you clarify what you're meaning a bit?

On 9/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, BVD said:

Do you have the Full Width plugin installed? Also, do you notice if this typically occurs with smaller windows (as opposed to full screen, or otherwise)?

I've noticed that some pages get kinda wonky when attempting to view them in a window that's been resized smaller, or any time I'm browsing it from something that's only got something like an 800x600 resolution available to it. It's rare for me to do so, so I've just kept both plugins installed and keep it in mind any time I see something screwy like this.

Doesnt look like I have any apps / plugins installed that contain the word "width". Tried resetting Settings > Display, no difference. I have a 4k monitor so maximizing Firefox didnt make a difference. Now i'm wondering if I can just delete the folder plugin without messing anything up just so I can reset it up again.

• 3 weeks later...