[Plugin] Docker Folder

On 8/11/2021 at 11:01 AM, GuildDarts said:

Good idea, will see if i cant find a good way to get label data. Would making a label e.g. dockerFolder.folderId = someid and any container with that label gets added to the folder with said id achieve the same result you're after?
Think that would be a bit cleaner as you only have to make a folder then add the label to the folder

Hi

I know, first post ;) but would love to learve my two cents here for this topic.

To be most flexible, especially with docker-compose in mind and the coming label support in 6.10.

I also already using labels for my CI/CD system and traefik as proxy.

I would suggest to use a label like dockerFolder.folderId as default. i.e. when it exist's automatically create a folder based on it.

But also provider a functionality to define custom labels... i.e. allow to make a folder with all containers that contains a label (optional with a specific value). 

Some use cases I have:

1. create a folder which contains every container that has traefik.enable=true and also one folder with traefik.enable=false. This would allow me to have a nice overview of all exposed and non exposed containers.
  2. I have my local CI/CD system with jenkins that automatically provisions it's agents (docker containers in unraid). They all have specific labels for their purpose of building. Or could also be just a container where a unraid backup script is running. Here I also use specific labels.

Consequentially this would allow containers to be in multiple folders. But also adds a huge flexibility if you want to reuse existing labels without to support them specifically in the plugin.

As a simple implementation proposal, I would suggest to let the user configure multiple label=regexp configurations on the container. Similar as now it's possible to have one regexp on names, but just with a predefined label as key.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Linguafoeda said:

I’ve noticed that docker folders on the dashboard has a GUI issue where the icons start mis-aligned when you load the dashboard page on any zoomed out / smaller resolution screen (for example, below is my iPad). Happens on iPhone safari mobile as well. Is there something internally to fix this? Would love to make it look consistent with desktop since I typically am accessing unraid from my iPad when away from my desk.

07C33B84-5844-481C-82C2-7B00BE543645.jpeg

On 8/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, GuildDarts said:

Dang i had fixed that but guess i forgot to include the fix *facepalm

currently not able to push a fix as im not at a pc, will be in a few days

Just tired this on an ipad and see the same thing. Will fix it when i get to a pc :)

On 11/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, wallas9512 said:

My docker overview is a bit upside down, did I missed something.

I think the code for list docker in docker interface is reutilized in overview.

Do you have any solution for correct this himself?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.2e88bcbb4f2baf4b0481e4ca2837a046.png

are you accessing from an ipad or iOS device? this is exact same issue i have with messed up GUI. would love if the developer @GuildDarts is able to find a solution for this :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi! first time user, already fell in love with docker folder! love the variety of options.

what i dont love too much though is the thick white lines separating the containers in extended view on the black skin. Especially on the dashboard. i wonder if we could have a little switch turning folders off for the dashboard please? since there containers were listed with several ones in one row already. Per folder or as a global setting.. whatever is easier for you. i hate to bother devs of free software but where its soo damn good for the docker page its so not on the dashboard 😕

Edited by m4rcus

Why do I get the folder icon set as docker icon? And how do I change it?

image.thumb.png.e149966f6de3ee928e049632dcf85dec.png

Is it possible to make it so when I click on the folder on dashboard it takes me directly to that folder on the docker tab? 

Also the autostart settings wont stick. So I cant set any containers to autostart. As soon as I reload the docker page all the autostart settings are back to off. Maybe it is because I am running RC2 of unraid I have the icon and autostart bug?

Edited by ProphetSe7en

Suddenly my folders disappeared and when I go to "add folder" I can see this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/add-update.folder/import-export.php on line 8

Any solutions? Also when I try to look up the .php through code-server the path doesn`t exist (cant see the emhttp folder)

Update: Deleted the docker-folder and reinstalled. various folders were not found on removal. 
Still looking for a solution in case it happens again

Edited by obi-WAN-kenobi
On 2/5/2022 at 10:09 PM, ProphetSe7en said:

Why do I get the folder icon set as docker icon? And how do I change it?

image.thumb.png.e149966f6de3ee928e049632dcf85dec.png

Is it possible to make it so when I click on the folder on dashboard it takes me directly to that folder on the docker tab? 

Also the autostart settings wont stick. So I cant set any containers to autostart. As soon as I reload the docker page all the autostart settings are back to off. Maybe it is because I am running RC2 of unraid I have the icon and autostart bug?

Were you able to fix the folder icon = docker icon issue you were having? I am also having the same issue.

Edit: @ProphetSe7en - you have to copy the link to the *.svg file and click the upload button for it to work properly. I attached a pic. Hope this helps!

444048364_Screenshot2022-02-23101319.jpg.1f2c5f0c17e216bfed4adc66f10150f2.jpg

Edited by xenoshroud
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a visual bug to report. If the available memory of the containers in a folder are limited to different quantities, the folder will show max RAM as the amount allocated to the last container in the list. Instead, the value shown should probably be the combined total of all containers in the folder, up to a maximum of the total system RAM.image.thumb.png.42c45ede4eb69cc4aa0fcdc1d3578dc5.png

1 hour ago, kjames2001 said:

hi, i just updated to unraid 6.10 rc3, and since then there's no options when i click an icon.

image.png.46a9a8cf712c3b8945a20f1172aff8d4.png

I'm having the same issue as @kjames2001 here.

The latest update had quite a few updates to the docker system. Would be great to get a fix!

Edited by sunbear
Wrong Link
21 hours ago, kjames2001 said:

hi, i just updated to unraid 6.10 rc3, and since then there's no options when i click an icon.

image.png.46a9a8cf712c3b8945a20f1172aff8d4.png

I am seeing the same issue after updating to 6.10 RC3.  I don't want to uninstall the plugin since I don't want to set everything backup once its resolved. Does anyone know exactly what is captured in the EXPORT?