[Plugin] Docker Folder

Just to reiterate,

Yes there are problems with this plugin and 6.10-rc3+   A note has been attached to the app when installing.  Because we are still in a Release Candidate stage of the OS, more leniency is given to plugin authors on compatibility issues.  My own investigation shows that if you configure the plugin with its default display settings everything seems to work (ie: Preview: None (default)

Based upon that, while it does have issues with the RC series it is not eligible for any further moderation steps to be taken at this time.  Even once 6.10 stable drops because the plugin still operates as is with its default settings, a stronger note would be added, but I don't see it as being incompatible necessitating a removal - rather its a bug in the plugin which can be worked around.

Hello all, 
since the update from 6.10.0-rc2 to 6.10.0-rc3 the app "Docker Folder" does not work properly for me anymore. In short, I use the Graph mode "Combined" (image 1) and this creates a popup over each container in which actions like Start Edit etc. can be selected (image 2). Since the update, this is no longer available and generally the function of the buttons such as "Protocoll log" (image 3 & 4) is missing when a container is started. 
What I also noticed is that with the app "Array" on the smartphone the entire Docker area is empty. I assume that there is something wrong with the folders path in the update and therefore the access from the apps now go into the void. 
Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to deal with the problem in detail. Does anyone know perhaps the problem and a solution or can it generally be the rc3? 

BR,  taafedi1 
Imagine 1 

image.thumb.png.8846ea6265a13f39b051647c77c1766d.png

imagine 2 (taken by youtube video from ibracorb)

image.png.307e46e8fdecd66d5d522720dfa3b650.png

imagine 3

image.png.3e29dece876be5af8d80a8b4cc9fa0f5.png

imagine 4

image.thumb.png.dca11c35ffb85a562eb95a6c9ed8825c.png

Edited by taafedi1

This looks like some sort of race condition in the DOM. Perhaps the order of operations for plugins have changed? Setting a breakpoint on this line:

let dropdownElement = $(`#dropdown-${id}`).clone(true)

You will find that the dropdownElement length is equal to 0 -- meaning that it can't find that particular element. I verified that the id that is being passed is the container id which is correct. After the page loads, you can open up developer tools and run:

var id = "a44765f3cd56"; let dropdownElement = $(`#dropdown-${id}`).clone(true)

Where id is equal to the container id you would like to check. You will see that jQuery was able to find the element now, but wasn't quite ready when the code wants to execute.

I posted on the project GitHub with what I suspect an issue is. There is a defect reported for this. I'll take a look when I have some time after my work deliverables.

Edited by jhd2962
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2
On 8/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Linguafoeda said:

I’ve noticed that docker folders on the dashboard has a GUI issue where the icons start mis-aligned when you load the dashboard page on any zoomed out / smaller resolution screen (for example, below is my iPad). Happens on iPhone safari mobile as well. Is there something internally to fix this? Would love to make it look consistent with desktop since I typically am accessing unraid from my iPad when away from my desk.

07C33B84-5844-481C-82C2-7B00BE543645.jpeg

On 8/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, GuildDarts said:

Dang i had fixed that but guess i forgot to include the fix *facepalm

currently not able to push a fix as im not at a pc, will be in a few days

Just tired this on an ipad and see the same thing. Will fix it when i get to a pc :)

On 11/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, wallas9512 said:

My docker overview is a bit upside down, did I missed something.

I think the code for list docker in docker interface is reutilized in overview.

Do you have any solution for correct this himself?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.2e88bcbb4f2baf4b0481e4ca2837a046.png

are you accessing from an ipad or iOS device? this is exact same issue i have with messed up GUI. would love if the developer @GuildDarts is able to find a solution for this :) 

Bump

On 3/18/2022 at 7:57 AM, Squid said:

Just to reiterate,

Yes there are problems with this plugin and 6.10-rc3+   A note has been attached to the app when installing.  Because we are still in a Release Candidate stage of the OS, more leniency is given to plugin authors on compatibility issues.  My own investigation shows that if you configure the plugin with its default display settings everything seems to work (ie: Preview: None (default)

Based upon that, while it does have issues with the RC series it is not eligible for any further moderation steps to be taken at this time.  Even once 6.10 stable drops because the plugin still operates as is with its default settings, a stronger note would be added, but I don't see it as being incompatible necessitating a removal - rather its a bug in the plugin which can be worked around.

I just wanted to add a follow up for this in case anyone is in my same scenario.

I was confused when you made this comment specifically when you said "the plugin still operates as is with its default settings" because the only thing that was working for me was the separation into folders. None of the context menu items were working for my on any of the icons.

It turns out the actual source of the problem is in the "Preview advanced context menu" option for the docker folders. It turns out this is the feature where the main bug is. After turning this off (I had it on for all folders because it's pretty useful), the typical context menu features started working again.

This brings back the major useful functionality of the plugin and I can again navigate my dockers without pulling my hair out.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
41 minutes ago, sunbear said:

I just wanted to add a follow up for this in case anyone is in my same scenario.

I was confused when you made this comment specifically when you said "the plugin still operates as is with its default settings" because the only thing that was working for me was the separation into folders. None of the context menu items were working for my on any of the icons.

It turns out the actual source of the problem is in the "Preview advanced context menu" option for the docker folders. It turns out this is the feature where the main bug is. After turning this off (I had it on for all folders because it's pretty useful), the typical context menu features started working again.

This brings back the major useful functionality of the plugin and I can again navigate my dockers without pulling my hair out.

Thanks.

So you get web-ui, log and Docker submenu to work with this plugin? None of those features works for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Attached is a file which fixes the logs not working on RC4+ (Tested RC5, RC5a)

Copy this to /config/plugins/docker.folder (replace the existing .txz there) and reboot

I do not use this plugin, so if there's any other issues with RC4+ I will attempt to fix if (and only if) you are extremely specific on how to set things up to get it to fail on RC4 where it worked on 6.9.2

I do see some issues on the dashboard when opening up the folder, and I'm probably not going to touch that as dashboard extensions are a hack upon the system

docker.folder-2021.08.20-x86_64-1.txz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, Astryl said:

Anyone know how to get the folders to display the correct ram allocations and usage %s? Folders themselves don't aggregate the totals.

Mine all look correct. But I notice that your containers are showing different numbers for total RAM available. The 1.78Gib total you are seeing is the sum of the two containers that show 8GiB total RAM.

Are you somehow limiting the RAM available to some containers? if so, that's probably what's causing the numbers to not be included in the total.

Edited by crafty35a
  • Like 1
On 5/16/2022 at 9:17 AM, crafty35a said:

Mine all look correct. But I notice that your containers are showing different numbers for total RAM available. The 1.78Gib total you are seeing is the sum of the two containers that show 8GiB total RAM.

Are you somehow limiting the RAM available to some containers? if so, that's probably what's causing the numbers to not be included in the total.

Almost all of my containers run with CPU and Memory limits. The 1.78gb / 8gb is what's available for the first container in that folder. The other containers in the same folder are not adding to the aggregate total.

Attached is a screen on one of my folders. It shows a max of 512MB allocated; but I purposefully did not cap one of the containers in this folder to show that it is not displaying this properly.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 6.11.47 PM.png

Edited by Astryl
On 5/1/2022 at 10:17 AM, Squid said:

Attached is a file which fixes the logs not working on RC4+ (Tested RC5, RC5a)

Copy this to /config/plugins/docker.folder (replace the existing .txz there) and reboot

I do not use this plugin, so if there's any other issues with RC4+ I will attempt to fix if (and only if) you are extremely specific on how to set things up to get it to fail on RC4 where it worked on 6.9.2

I do see some issues on the dashboard when opening up the folder, and I'm probably not going to touch that as dashboard extensions are a hack upon the system

docker.folder-2021.08.20-x86_64-1.txz 133.42 kB · 24 downloads

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Squid said:

I think no one actually explained how to reproduce the context menu bug:

1. Create a folder and add containers to it

2. Enable preview advanced context menu:

image.png.90625c6f57ed20788cb50363db1e9ced.png

3. Click on a container a menu will open without the dropdown options:

image.png.0083716e33ddb160b1d42c1f527daf96.png

Workaround which works for me that might hint where is the problem:

4. Expand the folder and start/stop any container on that folder and the dropdown menu is fixed until the page is refreshed:

image.png.e7a0f93ef17feb6dbeb33856eb5c4581.png

Hope that helps, 

I spent few hours debugging this with no luck (I am more of a backend developer, not frontend), I think the starting point should be https://github.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/issues/11#issuecomment-1072792061 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1