[Plugin] Docker Folder

OK.

Not that I use this plugin, but I have forked it so that the logs and the context menus appear.

I have temporarily removed the dashboard part of things until I get more time to look at it's display aberrations.

Going forward, so long as explicit directions are made as to how to replicate issues on 6.10 I will attempt to fix, but no guarantees will be made, and my goal here is not to continue development on this plugin, but to simply keep it in the same rough state as it was left in when the author stopped development.

You will need to uninstall the version from Guild Darts and then reinstall the forked version.  I would suggest making a backup of the folder.json file within /config/plugins/docker.folder on the flash drive.  If you don't do this, then you will need to recreate your folders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

OK.

Not that I use this plugin, but I have forked it so that the logs and the context menus appear.

I have temporarily removed the dashboard part of things until I get more time to look at it's display aberrations.

Going forward, so long as explicit directions are made as to how to replicate issues on 6.10 I will attempt to fix, but no guarantees will be made, and my goal here is not to continue development on this plugin, but to simply keep it in the same rough state as it was left in when the author stopped development.

You will need to uninstall the version from Guild Darts and then reinstall the forked version.  I would suggest making a backup of the folder.json file within /config/plugins/docker.folder on the flash drive.  If you don't do this, then you will need to recreate your folders.

I have described how to reproduce the problem here: 

I already know how to edit the files directly on a running Unraid system (made some changes and saw their effect), tried to fix it without success since I don't have much experience in frontend (and even less with Unraid frontend), I will be happy to help with the testing, no need to create a txz, just let me know when the fork is updated (or send me the file to change) and I will change the files directly on a running system, I have a test Unraid server so it is easy for me to test changes and nothing happens if things are broken.

If the instructions above are not clear or any additional help info needed the best would be to discuss online, I mainly do this on Discord (thecode#6829), but will adjust to whatever fits you best. 

I am also willing to maintain a fork, make releases and accept pull requests, but it should be understood that it will take time until I will have the knowledge to fully maintain this plugin so most of the contribution should come from developers making PRs.

4 hours ago, thecode said:

I actually just updated without uninstalling, doing it from the sidebar worked

@Squid Thank you for fixing this!

@thecode Can you clarify what you mean by doing from the sidebar worked? I am trying to understand how to install this since it won't show up in community apps since it is a fork. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Squid said:

It's in CA.  The original won't show because it's now marked as incompatible, and the fork shows (GuildNet/Squid as author) when running 6.10+

I'm not sure what's up, but I'm on 6.10.0-rc8 and I'm not seeing it no matter what I search for in community apps (version 2022.05.15) :(

Searching for "docker folder" comes up with totally irrelevant results and searching for your repo only shows your other awesome work!!

image.thumb.png.cbd23bfcfc75f0fb8bf7543fd8dd4026.png

Y

3 minutes ago, zer0zer0 said:

I'm not sure what's up, but I'm on 6.10.0-rc8 and I'm not seeing it no matter what I search for in community apps (version 2022.05.15)

Probably because you have not updated to 6,10.1 stable and so your Unraid version is too old.

7 hours ago, Groto said:

Can you clarify what you mean by doing from the sidebar worked? I am trying to understand how to install this since it won't show up in community apps since it is a fork. Thanks!

@Groto it doesn't matter that it is a fork, community apps repo was updated to include this, will show only from unraid 6.10.0 and above.

Since updating to the fork, folders do not show up on my dashboard anymore - just the standard big list of containers. Anyone else? I initially updated directly. But then I removed the plugin, rebooted, reinstalled the plugin and created a new folder - same result, folders do not show up on the dashboard.

Edited by crafty35a
57 minutes ago, crafty35a said:

Since updating to the fork, folders do not show up on my dashboard anymore - just the standard big list of containers. Anyone else? I initially updated directly. But then I removed the plugin, rebooted, reinstalled the plugin and created a new folder - same result, folders do not show up on the dashboard.

That was mentioned by @Squid it is currently disabled by purpose since it does not work correctly and is kind of a hack of the dashboard system (I tend to agree with that)

Edited by thecode