[Plugin] Docker Folder

The containers just seem to still have a different order than they do within the folders. Should I have first ordered them, and then put them in folders? Because at least one container fails to start after the daily updates, because it's missing it's database I presume.

ah I see, i had the old version installed. Not compatible.

One app is still being started to early even though it s below my database.

Edited by Kees Fluitman
On 8/24/2022 at 2:28 AM, jeffrey.el said:

Hi!

I just updated Unraid and switched to this version of docker folders.

Everything works great so I'm really grateful for the continuation of this plugin! Thank you for that!

However I do have an issue... I can't expand the VM folders.. I tried removing the file so a new one would be generated but it still doesn't work :(

I do see an error in the web console.. Any idea how I can fix this?

Screenshot 2022-08-23 202751.png

I encountered the same problem and still can't solve it.

2 minutes ago, wdnaser said:

On 8/24/2022 at 2:28 AM, jeffrey.el said:

Hi!

I just updated Unraid and switched to this version of docker folders.

Everything works great so I'm really grateful for the continuation of this plugin! Thank you for that!

However I do have an issue... I can't expand the VM folders.. I tried removing the file so a new one would be generated but it still doesn't work :(

I do see an error in the web console.. Any idea how I can fix this?

Screenshot 2022-08-23 202751.png

I have tried to rebuild folder and delete/reinstall the plugin, still the same.

I don't know if it's an unraid problem or a plugin problem?

38 minutes ago, wdnaser said:

I have tried to rebuild folder and delete/reinstall the plugin, still the same.

I don't know if it's an unraid problem or a plugin problem?

This is a problem with the plugin, it is not related to unraid, I have tried to fix it without success (yet)

As a workaround you can still expand the VMs on the dashboard.

I will try to give it another look later this week.

9 hours ago, Xcelsior86 said:

Just installed this today and for whatever reason, the docker icons themselves are changed to the icon I'm using for the folder itself.  I've tried everything in the settings and nothings seems to get the regular icons back other than removing the icon I set for the folder.  Anyone else run into this issue?

Can you provide more information, which unraid OS version, picture of your folder settings?

On 9/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, Xcelsior86 said:

Just installed this today and for whatever reason, the docker icons themselves are changed to the icon I'm using for the folder itself.  I've tried everything in the settings and nothings seems to get the regular icons back other than removing the icon I set for the folder.  Anyone else run into this issue?

I am having the same problem with 6.10.3.  Turning off "Only animate icon on hover:" fixed the icon problem for me.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, troyan said:

hi i updated my unraid to 6.10.2
i reinstall docker folder.

on docker tabs all it's ok
on Vm tabs expand not work a idea ?

Best regards,

cH.

On 9/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, wdnaser said:

On 6/27/2022 at 3:28 AM, Marcel40625 said:

any news about the VM folder not expanding?

I have created a PR to fix it: https://github.com/Squidly271/docker.folder/pull/2

45 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Is there an option to stagger the startup of the dockers inside a folder? Maybe the ability to add a delay between dockers so a folder with many dockers inside does not overwhelm your system? I've looked around, but nothing jumped out at me :).

I am not sure how this may be impacted by the Docker Folder plugin as I do not use it, but, in the Docker tab Advanced view, you can set a delay AFTER a docker container starts.  The wait value will delay the next docker container start by that amount. I believe it is in seconds.

image.png.819b094e6efd7875239c6694ad107327.png

Edited by Hoopster
On 9/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, Hoopster said:

I am not sure how this may be impacted by the Docker Folder plugin as I do not use it, but, in the Docker tab Advanced view, you can set a delay AFTER a docker container starts.  The wait value will delay the next docker container start by that amount. I believe it is in seconds.

image.png.819b094e6efd7875239c6694ad107327.png

Hmmm... Good suggestion! Sadly, I just tried, but it seems to only apply on first boot. If I stop my docker, set the delay and started the docker, it just starts as normal...

1 hour ago, DoeBoye said:

If I stop my docker, set the delay and started the docker, it just starts as normal...

Expected behavior because a delay set on a docker container does not apply to starting that container.  It is a delay that will be applied after the container starts to delay the start of the next container.  So, yes, it is more useful on boot when multiple containers are loading.  Probably on a stop and start of the Docker service as well.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jacan said:

I just started using this and im on 6.11.

Log and actions doesnt work, any help?

image.thumb.png.c859bc6f3761f30a81249e21c3a661e3.png

image.png.97ead94ea0760a8d271644db12ea8463.png

I have tried to copy your exact settings and could not reproduce it, if I will know how to reproduce it I can try to fix it (still have limited knowledge in frontend and not the one who developed it)

Can you attach your `folders.json` file? you can find it under the flash drive share:

flash\config\plugins\docker.folder\folders.vm

21 minutes ago, OsoPolar said:

HI 

I am 6.11 an di have noticed after updating your containers when you hit done the docker folder no longer refreshes showing they are all up to date!
You must manually refresh the page never had to do this before

I have seen this behaviour in the past, I have tried to test it now but did not get steady results and now all my dockers on all the servers are updated already.

Can you check what happens if you update a Docker which is not inside a folder? You can simply edit the folder, remove it from the folder and add it later. 

I think it is related to Unraid and not the the Docker Folder plugin

Hi 

I have noted this morning before i read your reply i had 1 update. 
So instead of doing Update All i updated the 1 app that neeeded update via its own info area.

The Update PopUp showed fully updated when i pressed Done the app refreshed as updatd (went back to green)

But the Version column stayed Amber not sure if this hlps you any further.

I will remove one and see what occurs with this method