[Plugin] Docker Folder

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the plug-in. Things were definitely getting quite messy for me with my docker-compose setup. Really appreciate the hard work.

I am seeing one issue that I'm hoping you can help me with. I have configured 8 containers in a docker-compose and after I "docker-compose up -d" and then put all the containers in a folder using your plug-in the plugin shows the group as "8/9  folder" with a yellow box alongside it. This is even though all the docker containers are running fine (individually they all show green triangles alongside them and say "started". I can access them all and they are all functional).

I have included a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Can you help me figure out what's going on? Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Nevermind - as soon as I posted this I figured it out. It appears I had a defuct container named "nginx" that had the same name as the folder that was causing the confusion. As soon as I went to the commandline and deleted the defunct underlying docker container things fixed themselves. Posting this here in case any one else hits the same issue.

Edited by dprus

Noticed it doesn't honour app reordering within the folder that is present in the vanilla docker view (and instead goes by sort order).

Being able to reorder is important for situations like loading databases before the apps that rely on those databases.

Edited by tjb_altf4
9 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Thanks for this app, great addition.

Could you add an optional flag to open context menu URLs in a new tab i.e. add target="_blank" to the href element, that would be great!

sure will do

8 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Noticed it doesn't honour app reordering within the folder that is present in the vanilla docker view (and instead goes by sort order).

Being able to reorder is important for situations like loading databases before the apps that rely on those databases.

funny enough just finished that feature last night (was also bothering me :)). Will push an update later today with that and target="_blank"

7 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Have noticed after some edits you need to let it sit on the docker page for a minute or so otherwise the folder doesn't appear (or rather disappears) from the main dashboard.

Not a biggie, but something to be aware of.

yeah that does seem like a bit of an annoyance
could you make a gif/short video clip of loading the docker page, so that i can get a better understanding

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Problem is slightly different to as I originally described, it doesn't seem to be time based, but seems to be state problem which changes as I force refreshes and alternate All Apps / Started Only toggle.

found the issue i think. Behind the scenes a folder is just a small container that is always stopped. So when you load the dashboard with "Started only" it hides all the stopped container including the folder.

will try and fix this

Id love something like this for my VM's more than my docker containers.

I have sorted my containers with correct delays on autostartup and they are fine as they are, - but my pages and pages of VM's are a hassle which ideally I would like to group together, or at least have then sortable/movable like the docker containers can be.

Are suggestions taken here as well? 

I was thinking there should be a something to notify us of an update, maybe something that says "Update Available for X Dockers" where X being the number of containers within a folder that has an update available. 

Maybe further down the line we could select this button to update all of the containers in the folder? 

Anyways, hope I'm not posting in the wrong spot. Love this docker and was looking for something like it and was pleasantly surprised it existed!

12 hours ago, vw-kombi said:

Id love something like this for my VM's more than my docker containers.

I have sorted my containers with correct delays on autostartup and they are fine as they are, - but my pages and pages of VM's are a hassle which ideally I would like to group together, or at least have then sortable/movable like the docker containers can be.

This is something i would love to do but there are a few things i would need to figure out.
Right now a folder is just a docker container that i paint over to look like a folder, i cant really do this for vms (at least i dont think)
Also i dont know if it should be a separate plugin, or i should just add it here. If i add it here its not really in the name "docker folder", but if i make another plugin then i feel its kinda wasted, as there are now two plugins for whats kinda the same.

Will look into it but might be a bit.

8 hours ago, Nowjon said:

I was thinking there should be a something to notify us of an update, maybe something that says "Update Available for X Dockers" where X being the number of containers within a folder that has an update available. 

Maybe further down the line we could select this button to update all of the containers in the folder?

Right now there is a button for updating all the dockers in a folder, its under "config type Docker_Default" (tho it might not be what you desire)
About the notification, right now i get the small green ones telling me about updates per docker is this kinda what you're thinking of?

8 hours ago, Nowjon said:

If you remove one of the containers in the folder then the "3/3 Folder" on the folder doesn't update the total number of docker containers in there. I had to re-create two of them already due to this :/

Sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. I found this once but was just a wee bit lazy that day:/

22 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

This is something i would love to do but there are a few things i would need to figure out.
Right now a folder is just a docker container that i paint over to look like a folder, i cant really do this for vms (at least i dont think)
Also i dont know if it should be a separate plugin, or i should just add it here. If i add it here its not really in the name "docker folder", but if i make another plugin then i feel its kinda wasted, as there are now two plugins for whats kinda the same.

Will look into it but might be a bit.

Right now there is a button for updating all the dockers in a folder, its under "config type Docker_Default" (tho it might not be what you desire)
About the notification, right now i get the small green ones telling me about updates per docker is this kinda what you're thinking of?

Sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. I found this once but was just a wee bit lazy that day:/

Hey, sorry if I was a little unclear. 

I was thinking more like the below, where it shows whether or not this whole folder's items are up to date or not. It's no big deal if it can't be done, just though I would suggest it!

image.thumb.png.5fbae7ac97d873ddcb2937f6eecc76a9.png

And I wasn't trying to complain about the 3/3 thing, I still love this and just wanted to let you know about the bug. 

Thanks for all the awesome work!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

Update ^_^

removing a docker should now also remove it from folder
editing a folder should also not reset its position
there is also a update status for folders now (did not add the "for X Dockers" cloud not get it to look right)

@Nowjon thanks for the screenshot it made it super clear what you wanted :)

Thank you! I think the current iteration is great! ❤️ 

26 minutes ago, ZataH said:

I have an issue, when I create the folder, and sort containers by name. The folder does not open anymore

for some reason userprefs.cfg gets deleted when you sort by name, dont know if this is default unraid or a bug with docker folder. as a tmp fix just reorder any folder that will recreate userprefs.cfg

edit:
some old code if forgot to remove was trying to read userprefs.cfg. Will push an update later today ^_^

Edited by GuildDarts
resolution
  • Like 1

Another suggestion if you want :P

In the below image only one of the containers is set to run on boot, the MariaDB container, the Adminer is only for management and isn't run 24/7, I think the status for the folder should display the status for the containers set to run on boot. 

i.e. suggest making the orange square for the container green, because all of the items in the docker set to run on boot are running. image.thumb.png.91a76b5e115c490110e886f7f0842a0f.png

Hope that makes sense. Thank you!