[Plugin] Docker Folder

5 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

for some reason userprefs.cfg gets deleted when you sort by name, dont know if this is default unraid or a bug with docker folder. as a tmp fix just reorder any folder that will recreate userprefs.cfg

edit:
some old code if forgot to remove was trying to read userprefs.cfg. Will push an update later today ^_^

Thanks. Working now :) 

And thank you for this plugin. It is a godsend when you have a lot of containers

Edited by ZataH

I'm not sure if this is possible, but i would like an option to show the folders expanded and grouped on the main dashboard.  maybe an option to "show expanded" under name and icon in settings, forgive my text image below, but somethign like this:

App               App            App           Folder (2/4)

Folder(1/3)     App            App            App

--------------------------Folder 2/2-------------------------------------------------

App              App

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 hours ago, melmurp said:

Is there a setting for this? I just get the Edit/Remove

image.png.eda075f59ef8b5325e9e50fe1d29ec28.png

im guessing you're referring to multiple buttons.
When you press "edit folder" there is a blue button called "Add another Button" press it and you should get a popup with options for buttons
833506733_Annotation2020-04-22144341.png.c6664290b3dbb8015340bd83fbce5447.png

8 hours ago, capt.asic said:

in teh Docker_Sub_Menu, there is only Start/Edit/Remove when already running containers.

I have isolated this to folders that have less than 100% running.

Thanks for doing the hard work of figuring out whats the cause. Will fix ^_^

10 hours ago, capt.asic said:

I'm not sure if this is possible, but i would like an option to show the folders expanded and grouped on the main dashboard.  maybe an option to "show expanded" under name and icon in settings, forgive my text image below, but somethign like this:

App               App            App           Folder (2/4)

Folder(1/3)     App            App            App

--------------------------Folder 2/2-------------------------------------------------

App              App

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could definitely add an option to show folders expanded on the dashboard. The only problem is making it not look really bad.
Below are two ways i could think of doing it, i think both dont look very nice, but i cant think of a nicer way of doing it:(
achii.png.928ff61d43af386f72a35bcf2feaab26.pngdasboraad.png.af1d13e53db8adc95ac900c8b9363128.png

Edited by GuildDarts
grammar
2 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

im guessing you're referring to multiple buttons.
When you press "edit folder" there is a blue button called "Add another Button" press it and you should get a popup with options for buttons
833506733_Annotation2020-04-22144341.png.c6664290b3dbb8015340bd83fbce5447.png

That was it... tks!
Wasn't obvious to me they needed to be added one by one

1 hour ago, melmurp said:

That was it... tks!
Wasn't obvious to me they needed to be added one by one

Spoke too soon :(

I have them in my list but all of them resolve to the last docker in the list

image.png.d49b46a80757e6e628cf045c0fe65011.png

If I select WebUI for any of these it always goes to netdata

6 hours ago, melmurp said:

This might be related to my reported issue where the sub_menu doesnt reflect the correct containers when all are in the same state.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, melmurp said:

Im fairly certain that this issue is the same one that @capt.asic report (like they suggested)
are you on version '2020.04.22' thats the one with the fix

4 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

Im fairly certain that this issue is the same one that @capt.asic report (like they suggested)
are you on version '2020.04.22' thats the one with the fix

Interesting, plugin says 2020.04.16 but app repo says 2020.04.22 and no option to update... lately I've seen "Backup in use" banner for Apps and it's been really slow to populate. Guess I'll just wait and see

Tks

EDIT: Looks like it was tied to those issues github has been having the last couple days... it updated and looks good!

Edited by melmurp
update

Thanks for the great plugin!

Can I make 2 enhancement requests?

1. Allow renaming of Folders after they have been created.  Currently, the name is grayed out for editing after initial creation.
  2. Allow the Unraid Docker WebUI construct of [IP] and [PORT:####] for buttons in the Folder.  for example WebUI button = https://[IP]:[PORT:1234]

-JesterEE

7 minutes ago, JesterEE said:

Thanks for the great plugin!

Can I make 2 enhancement requests?

1. Allow renaming of Folders after they have been created.  Currently, the name is grayed out for editing after initial creation.
  2. Allow the Unraid Docker WebUI construct of [IP] and [PORT:####] for buttons in the Folder.  for example WebUI button = https://[IP]:[PORT:1234]

-JesterEE

1. Will do, cant believe i still have not done that:$
2. I can see why you would want the [IP] (great idea), but the [PORT] i just dont see what it would be for.
Is there something different in unraid when doing "https://[IP]:[PORT:1234]" and https://[IP]:1234

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

2. I can see why you would want the [IP] (great idea), but the [PORT] i just dont see what it would be for.
Is there something different in unraid when doing "https://[IP]:[PORT:1234]" and https://[IP]:1234

Good question ... honestly IDK.  Maybe others that have been around for longer than I have can share some historically significant info about that.  The help information for the Docker WebUI element says to do it this way, and the request of [PORT:####] syntax is just to align with the base functionality. 

-JesterEE

3 minutes ago, JesterEE said:

Good question ... honestly IDK.  Maybe others that have been around for longer than I have can share some historically significant info about that.  The help information for the Docker WebUI element says to do it this way, and the request of [PORT:####] syntax is just to align with the base functionality. 

-JesterEE

Will add both then, was just curious about the difference (if any) ^_^

Edited by GuildDarts
edit
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JesterEE said:
  1. Allow the Unraid Docker WebUI construct of [IP] and [PORT:####] for buttons in the Folder.  for example WebUI button = https://[IP]:[PORT:1234]

@GuildDarts  It might also make sense to incorporate a "pass-through" option for the WebUI and WebUI New tab; one that uses a Docker's configured WebUI setting rather than re-specifying it for the plugin.  Kinda like the way you already have the Docker Sub Menus for the selected images, but instead of the submenu, a quick link to the WebUI subcommand.

This won't actually work for my use case, with the way Unraid currently handles WebUIs with mapped container networks ... so I'd also like to keep my original request intact 😉.

As of Unraid 6.8.3, if you specify a container as the Network Type, it will not allow the WebUI subcommand to be present even if it is specified in the configuration.  So, this might break a look-up of the WebUI subcommand if you attempt to look for it in the submenu instead of parsing the XML.  I haven't looked at your plugin code, so I don't know how you're doing it.

-JesterEE

Edited by JesterEE
Grammar fail
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, JesterEE said:

@GuildDarts  It might also make sense to incorporate a "pass-through" option for the WebUI and WebUI New tab; one that uses a Docker's configured WebUI setting rather than re-specifying it for the plugin.  Kinda like the way you already have the Docker Sub Menus for the selected images, but instead of the submenu, a quick link to the WebUI subcommand.

This won't actually work for my use case, with the way Unraid currently handles WebUIs with mapped container networks ... so I'd also like to keep my original request intact 😉.

As of Unraid 6.8.3, if you specify a container as the Network Type, it will not allow the WebUI subcommand to be present even if it is specified in the configuration.  So, this might break a look-up of the WebUI subcommand if you attempt to look for it in the submenu instead of parsing the XML.  I haven't looked at your plugin code, so I don't know how your doing it.

-JesterEE

Holy cow thanks for all the suggestions really appreciate it ♥
Will look into adding this. But like you said i would have to parse the xml, which im not currently doing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, GooseGoose said:

Hey, 

I am really liking this, but i cant seem to reorder the folder. My media folder keeps defaulting to the second docker. 

Cheers

hmmm Thats very strang. Would you be able to make a short video/gif of you reordering and then it resetting, so i can get a better understand.
sorry for the inconvenience

Edited by GuildDarts
spellcheck *sigh