[Plugin] Docker Folder

2 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

That would be very cool. If you want you can start a thread ^_^

2 hours ago, hernandito said:

Let me get a few under my belt, so we can start w some candy. 

I smell a very fruitful collab going on. This is going to be an excellent addition to the unraid dashboard.

That is awesome GuildDarts! I love it! 

and i love the idea about getting some icons shared! I have no idea how to make things look nice so I am using the mariaDB logo for the folder with all of my databases in. Going with that train of thought, having icons for different categories of dockers would be awesome. For example the databases, downloaders, utilities etc. 

2 hours ago, GooseGoose said:

That is awesome GuildDarts! I love it! 

and i love the idea about getting some icons shared! I have no idea how to make things look nice so I am using the mariaDB logo for the folder with all of my databases in. Going with that train of thought, having icons for different categories of dockers would be awesome. For example the databases, downloaders, utilities etc. 

Please keep listing real-world categories.... 

thanks

Thanks for making this plugin. Very useful for cleaning up my Grafana related dockers. 👍

Having an issue though where some folders are working as expected on the dashboard but not the docker page.

The 'Downloads' folder should contain all of the dockers shown in the below image.

Any ideas on how to diagnose and fix.

Thanks

homepage.png

Docker Tab.png

1 hour ago, wgards8 said:

Thanks for making this plugin. Very useful for cleaning up my Grafana related dockers. 👍

Having an issue though where some folders are working as expected on the dashboard but not the docker page.

The 'Downloads' folder should contain all of the dockers shown in the below image.

Any ideas on how to diagnose and fix.

Thanks

homepage.png

Docker Tab.png

I would check browser console on the docker page and see if you get any errors.
Just so i fully understand on the docker page the folder is not displaying, but it does on dashboard?
And it's only that one folder right? very weird :S

Edited by GuildDarts
3 hours ago, hernandito said:

Please keep listing real-world categories.... 

thanks

I have the following folders

- databases -mariadb, influx

- Dependencies - this is for influxdb and some other monitoring. I could rename to monitoring

- audio - mopidy x2, snapcast

- downloaders 

- home assistant - has home assistant and some home assistant related dockers

- utilities - vs code, duckdns, openvpn, etc

- media - plex, tautulli etc

- front ends - I wasnt sure about this name. Has things like nextcloud, bookstack, grafana, heimdall

You could probably split them even more but that is where I have landed so far.

Cheers

27 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

I would check browser console on the docker page and see if you get any errors.
Just so i fully understand on the docker page the folder is not displaying, but it does on dashboard?
And it's only that one folder right? very weird :S

Yes, displays on dashboard but not on docker page.

Thanks I will take a look at the browser console.

Just noticed it has done the same for my 'GameServers' folder. That and the 'Downloads' folder were the last two I created.

Will try removing and reinstalling the plugin to see if the problem is fixed.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, wgards8 said:

Yes, displays on dashboard but not on docker page.

Thanks I will take a look at the browser console.

Just noticed it has done the same for my 'GameServers' folder. That and the 'Downloads' folder were the last two I created.

Will try removing and reinstalling the plugin to see if the problem is fixed.

Did you fix your issue, just curious ^_^

On 5/19/2020 at 2:28 AM, wgards8 said:

Wanting to get into Grafana is what attracted me to this plugin. I hated having  all those Dockers for which I would not know what they are in a few months down the line.

I had given up on Grafana because of this.

I know it’s unrelated, but could please post a screencap of the Grafana Dockers you have? When I first attempted to get into it, it was hard to figure out what was needed for what feature in Grafana. I quickly gave up. A screencap would be a good source of useful Dockers for us unRaiders.  I think this would be a great video for our friend @SpaceInvaderOne, Anything Grafana related to unRaid, Plex, streaming, nzbs, torrents would be awesome.

Thank you.

h.

Edited by hernandito
1 minute ago, hernandito said:

Icon Collection 1

Collection1.jpg.3544859be8dc0801074c69ed048769c0.jpg

This is my first try at a Category Docker Folder icons. I have done it in two color versions. Please understand that I only use the "Light Theme". I am not sure how these would look like on the Dark Theme.

I am pasting a zip file that contains:

• Icons at 128px x 128px
  • The layered Photoshop file for anyone to modify
  • Preview image of the collection (image above. Anyone w/ rudimentary PS skills can easily create variations.

I would love constructive criticism.... please don't say you like if you don't. If you don't please tell me why,

Thanks,

H.

C1-128px.zip 1.41 MB · 0 downloads

Awesome job man thanks for the contribution ♥ (really love the pirate)

is it possible to change part of icon color with code, ie make a color picker for the blue/yellow folder part?

Just now, GuildDarts said:

Awesome job man thanks for the contribution ♥ (really love the pirate)

is it possible to change part of icon color with code, ie make a color picker for the blue/yellow folder part?

Love the pirate too.... n various levels...

I tied to create a backdrop that feels like a folder.... Yellow as it's sort of a the colors of folders, blue in the Docker blue.

I was just working on a version without any backdrop... just the icon alone. Since they are transparent .png files, in your code you could make the <div> field background color... with raidius-ed corners.... that could work if you are able to save that color as a user defined variable. That is beyond my programming skills.

Is this what you mean? I will update with the plain icons and see what they look like... I need about an hour.

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, hernandito said:

Love the pirate too.... n various levels...

I tied to create a backdrop that feels like a folder.... Yellow as it's sort of a the colors of folders, blue in the Docker blue.

I was just working on a version without any backdrop... just the icon alone. Since they are transparent .png files, in your code you could make the <div> field background color... with raidius-ed corners.... that could work if you are able to save that color as a user defined variable. That is beyond my programming skills.

Is this what you mean? I will update with the plain icons and see what they look like... I need about an hour.

Thanks,

I think what was in my head was some svg magic
will look into doing that as it might be cool

still love the icons thanks again, just thought i would be cool to let the user change the folders color without having to use photoshop

Unfortunately the icons are in raster... I think .svg is vector. I am also happy to add alternative colors, per user requests... its very straightforward.

Also, if the logo in the png is a solid black, is there a code to make it any color? I recall seeing that somewhere. A color overlay.

• Thanks 1

Heyo, 

LOVE this plugin, absolutely the best improvement to UNRaid UI in a while (Besides Dark mode xD) but I wish the view for adding containers to the folder was better. Ideally I could drag a docker container into a folder and it would add it in, as well as maybe have a bar at the top that's like a placeholder, if you drag the container into this placeholder it will create a new folder with the container you dragged into it. 

I'm assuming that's not very viable, but I wish there was a better way to manage the folders. Maybe include on the current page which folder a container is already in? Maybe that would help, the graying out isn't very noticeable. 

Thank you for the awesome plugin!

3 hours ago, Nowjon said:

Heyo, 

LOVE this plugin, absolutely the best improvement to UNRaid UI in a while (Besides Dark mode xD) but I wish the view for adding containers to the folder was better. Ideally I could drag a docker container into a folder and it would add it in, as well as maybe have a bar at the top that's like a placeholder, if you drag the container into this placeholder it will create a new folder with the container you dragged into it. 

I'm assuming that's not very viable, but I wish there was a better way to manage the folders. Maybe include on the current page which folder a container is already in? Maybe that would help, the graying out isn't very noticeable. 

Thank you for the awesome plugin!

Hey i can look into being able to CTRL-drag a docker into a folder.

I'm unsure what you're referring to as 'current page' could you make a img showing kinda what you want.
Also about the graying out not being very noticeable, im asuming your using dark mode, will try and see if i can make it a bit better with that ^_^

9 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

Hey i can look into being able to CTRL-drag a docker into a folder.

I'm unsure what you're referring to as 'current page' could you make a img showing kinda what you want.
Also about the graying out not being very noticeable, im asuming your using dark mode, will try and see if i can make it a bit better with that ^_^

Sorry, I am using Dark mode, but the 'current page' I was referring to was the current 'Update Folder' in the UI. 

See the image below, basically I have a folder called Local-Services that the adminer is already apart of. Would be cool if that info was displayed on this page and maybe if you turn it on (to add it to the Public-Services folder) it will have like an arrow pointing from Local-Services -> Public Services. 

Hope this helps! ❤️image.thumb.png.b2b7fbc03d4764614bff7f6edf262f4a.png

Edited by Nowjon
1 minute ago, Nowjon said:

Sorry, I am using Dark mode, but the 'current page' I was referring to was the current 'Update Folder' in the UI. 

See the image below, basically I have a folder called Local-Services that the adminer is already apart of. Would be cool if that info was displayed on this page and maybe if you turn it on (to add it to the Public-Services folder) it will have like an arrow pointing from Local-Services -> Public Services. 

Hope this helps! ❤️image.thumb.png.b2b7fbc03d4764614bff7f6edf262f4a.png

Ah makes total sense now ^_^
Can definitely add that
About adding the folder, i think right now it prevents you from adding a docker thats in a folder to another folder. Will think about also adding that as i can see it being anoying having to first remove then add the docker

On 5/18/2020 at 6:20 AM, GuildDarts said:

Update

• Add new expansion button
  • Add docker preview

d5qifn37.thumb.png.158fe762877099bcecd6aa40061cb960.png

First off, love the plugin.

I particularly like this preview view, but when I try to use it, if I make any small change to the order of my containers or folders, then all of my folders and containers within the folders start to randomly sort themselves. The sort order stays on the random order it chose even if I try to reorder. If I make a change to that setting in any of my folders, I'll get stuck with a new random order. If half have the setting and the other half doesn't, then the ones that have it turned on will go where they please, but the ones that don't will stay ordered relative to each other.