[Plugin] Docker Folder

1 hour ago, Jad said:

Folder editor is fixed, nice!

On the docker list page, the only issue now is that the version could show a long string and reproduce the issue of the page stretch. For example:

Bypdh7UdRPi5YZtAJ1hlxg.png

You may notice this is abnormal behavior, which it likely is. Some of my dockers aren't added via Unraid, so they show values like this, but the dockers still work perfectly fine.

I dont think this is a docker.folder related issue more of a unraid itself issue
What you could do its use theme engine and then in "Custom styling (advanced)" add something like

.updatecolumn > div:last-child {
    white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    max-width: 125px;
}

hope this helps ^_^

Edited by GuildDarts
14 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

I dont think this is a docker.folder related issue more of a unraid itself issue

Yeah, I was considering to fix it myself with custom theme CSS, I just figured I'd report it here as well because anybody using dockers that aren't registered under Unraid would also have this issue (which isn't uncommon pulling dockers without Unraid). This is normal behavior when you `docker pull repo/docker`.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jad said:

I'd rather this fixed through the plugin though, because currently I don't have a need for a custom theme and I'd rather not install another plugin.

While i do understand your frustration, i think it might be in the feature creep territory. I feel it's a bit outside the scope folders for dockers.
Again as this is not a bug with docker.folder it kinda feels wrong for me to fix it, when its not really what the plugin is about

1 minute ago, GuildDarts said:

While i do understand your frustration, i think it might be in the feature creep territory. I feel it's a bit outside the scope folders for dockers.
Again as this is not a bug with docker.folder it kinda feels wrong for me to fix it, when its not really what the plugin is about

This isn't an issue without Docker Folder, so I disagree it's not an issue with it, as minor as it is. Without Docker Folders, the page is fine. It's when you have the folder collapsed that this happens.

15 minutes ago, Jad said:

This isn't an issue without Docker Folder, so I disagree it's not an issue with it, as minor as it is. Without Docker Folders, the page is fine. It's when you have the folder collapsed that this happens.

So it still happens without docker.folder that you have to horizontal scroll, however its no where near as bad as when the docker is inside a folder.
974974668_Annotation2020-07-0206395dddd6.thumb.png.df6a873e6cf1172c3a25de7a53ebc5bd.png609454905_Annotation2020-07-02063956.thumb.png.d1b68b74e47ead3308a9e46db98f61ae.png
i'm still a bit against changing it as the root issue is not with docker.folder
will think about doing it, but i still think that theme engine is a good option :)

Edited by GuildDarts

Maybe I'm not describing the issue properly. It doesn't happen to me without docker folder.

Zc-UgQwOShKi0TILkVnzoQ.png

This only happens once I expand a folder while using docker folder. I'd definitely consider it a docker.folder issue because it's no longer an issue without it. 

24 minutes ago, Jad said:

Maybe I'm not describing the issue properly. It doesn't happen to me without docker folder.

Zc-UgQwOShKi0TILkVnzoQ.png

This only happens once I expand a folder while using docker folder. I'd definitely consider it a docker.folder issue because it's no longer an issue without it. 

When i tried without docker.folder it still happened for me, but just a bit.
Also just tried disabling docker preview for folders and its the same for me as without docker.folder installed, so look like thats whats causing it.

nots.thumb.png.9e1c108b75d598c0aa4fb357e54a4002.png
Will still think about doing it, but i like you said its an edge case, and im still in the mind set thats its roots lie with unraid.

The reason why i'm so opposed to doing it, is that i have thought about including some css that would fix the "Container ID" being placed on the side, but have decided against it and i feel they are a bit similar issues.
dddd.png.d1f006538c542201b5a039c47b373142.png

Edited by GuildDarts

I see what you mean. It may be considered an Unraid issue because they should probably limit the width (or nowrap it, as you suggested). I think a couple CSS patches to fix minor Unraid UI bugs is okay, especially because your plugin is meant for organization & having a better view than Unraid's original docker page view; it seems fitting. People with OCD like me would appreciate it. :D

I'll say, I've never experienced the Container ID being misplaced, so not sure if that's been fixed or not.

Edited by Jad
On 7/1/2020 at 11:21 PM, GuildDarts said:

@bambi73 i think this update addresses everything you pointed up in your post above (except for the performance). Thanks again for your detailed post ^_^

Looks great. Thanks for your work.

As I started using this plugin regularly I found some other places worth of potential improvements :)

• Buttons in Advanced context menu should behave same as in normal context menu. I mean use different color (highlight) on hover and close whole menu when pressed. At the moment it stays open and for example Remove docker or Update docker windows are drawn below it which makes it quite cumbersome.
  • Mapping tab in Advanced context menu shows only 2 (guessing) mapped ports and paths. With enough space here I would prefer to have complete overview. Maybe use 2 tabs? One for network + ports and one for volumes? And maybe use scrollbar if it's still not enough.
  • Log icon is imho too glued on status text. I tried to add 3px padding and from my point of view it looks much better ;)
    .dockerPreview-icon-container .log > img {
        display: inline-block;
        padding-left: 3px;
    }

folders-log-spacing.jpg.ac4f1dfca28d9ae207719bb0fd0b6778.jpg

• Docker preview list doesn't overflow to new "line" when there are more containers than can fit in one line. They simply disappear behind right border.
  • When docker folder is open and closed whole table "jumps around". See pictures below

Closed

folders-closed.thumb.jpg.e6a4e35cd891a52d284c73516d5ff0b8.jpg

Open

folders-open.thumb.jpg.eee9a9aa8b6bd346007ab101b030dfec.jpg

Columns Application, Version and Autostart stays in place but Network jumps to the right and Ports a Volumes to the left. Additionally Docker preview list jumps to right too. I would prefer if all columns stays static. Maybe it would be better to indent only Application column (to give it subcategory feeling) and leave all other aligned. I guess this originate from time when there was only simple folders but now (at least for Docker preview list) it looks weird (not aligned with column header).

10 hours ago, bambi73 said:

Buttons in Advanced context menu should behave same as in normal context menu. I mean use different color (highlight) on hover and close whole menu when pressed. At the moment it stays open and for example Remove docker or Update docker windows are drawn below it which makes it quite cumbersome.

Log icon is imho too glued on status text. I tried to add 3px padding and from my point of view it looks much better ;)

will do both of these ^_^

Mapping tab in Advanced context menu shows only 2 (guessing) mapped ports and paths. With enough space here I would prefer to have complete overview. Maybe use 2 tabs? One for network + ports and one for volumes? And maybe use scrollbar if it's still not enough.

looks like another advanced/basic view thing a forgot. If you load in advanced view they are all there. Will fix this and add scroll if more than can fit. Might also separate ports/paths :)

Docker preview list doesn't overflow to new "line" when there are more containers than can fit in one line. They simply disappear behind right border.

This is by design, did not want it to make a new line because then it would make the folder twice as tall. I could add it as an option if you really want it tho?

When docker folder is open and closed whole table "jumps around". See pictures below

Will see what i can do about this, but no promises 

13 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

will do both of these ^_^

looks like another advanced/basic view thing a forgot. If you load in advanced view they are all there. Will fix this and add scroll if more than can fit. Might also separate ports/paths :)

Thanks

This is by design, did not want it to make a new line because then it would make the folder twice as tall. I could add it as an option if you really want it tho?

Not really sure about this one. At the moment I don't have any such folder, I only tried what will happen ;). But may happen in future. I'm trying to visualize it in my head and it looks ok, but there is still possibility I'll simply create another folder :). So I would say add it as option if it isn't something complicated, otherwise skip it.

Will see what i can do about this, but no promises 

Thanks

Update

• Change: Improve chart performance a bit
    this is not that big of a performance boost but it's a boost xD
  • Change: Make advanced context feel like default context
  • Change: Added padding to preview log icon
  • Fixed: Mapping tab only showing 2 ports and paths
  • Fixed: expanding folder shifting EVERYTHING

@bambi73 Think i did everything except the double preview line, did not like how it looked (also just a bit lazy :P
it would make the folder twice as tall as a normal folder and i just think that looks a bit odd
stacked.thumb.png.52f989ff47c8bffef8beabff6ec3132d.png

On 7/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, bambi73 said:

Maybe it would be better to indent only Application column

i swear i thought i was only adding padding to the Application column, but nope was doing it to all *facepalm (looks alot nicer now thanks ^_^)

Edited by GuildDarts
On 7/5/2020 at 9:22 AM, GuildDarts said:

Update

• Change: Improve chart performance a bit
    this is not that big of a performance boost but it's a boost xD
  • Change: Make advanced context feel like default context
  • Change: Added padding to preview log icon
  • Fixed: Mapping tab only showing 2 ports and paths
  • Fixed: expanding folder shifting EVERYTHING

Thanks for your work. Looks good.

Only small nitpicking ;), hover imho looks better on outer <li> element than on <a>

folders-advanced-li.jpg.40b0cab1cdeb73ae10803ad278ed4649.jpg  vs.  folders-advanced-a.jpg.4ea32c4ad02523029fa7ef413cbd0f2f.jpg

@bambi73 Think i did everything except the double preview line, did not like how it looked (also just a bit lazy :P
it would make the folder twice as tall as a normal folder and i just think that looks a bit odd
stacked.thumb.png.52f989ff47c8bffef8beabff6ec3132d.png

It isn't that elegant like all folders having same height but it isn't that bad either. From my point of view it's kind of compromise when you want to have all containers organized together. But as I said in my previous post I checked it only out of curiosity and don't really need it at the moment. So it's up to you if you see it as potential improvement. And if not (or you are lazy ^_^) it's fine too :)

i swear i thought i was only adding padding to the Application column, but nope was doing it to all *facepalm (looks alot nicer now thanks ^_^)

Looks much better now but columns in table header still jump little bit. But it's more like cosmetic issue with low priority when you have time.

Edited by bambi73

Update

• Change: A few small style tweaks

• Change: Cleanup edit functions a bit

@bambi73 sorry for taking so long for such a simple change :$

On 7/6/2020 at 10:08 PM, bambi73 said:

Looks much better now but columns in table header still jump little bit. But it's more like cosmetic issue with low priority when you have time.

For me only one of my folders makes the header jump a bit, and thats my bitwarden folder. I think it happens because the network text is wider, so that adds a bit of width and shifts the port and volume colums. Does it happen for all your folders or only some like me?

i'm a bit unsure of the best way to fix this, but will try and figure it out ^_^

4 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

@bambi73 sorry for taking so long for such a simple change :$

No problem, it's your fun project so it's understandable :)

Style change works fine but looks like you reintroduced order persistence problem with your last optimizations. When order is changed inside of the folder it isn't persisted at all and return to previous state when page is reloaded. I downgraded to previous version and there it works fine.

4 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

For me only one of my folders makes the header jump a bit, and thats my bitwarden folder. I think it happens because the network text is wider, so that adds a bit of width and shifts the port and volume colums. Does it happen for all your folders or only some like me?

i'm a bit unsure of the best way to fix this, but will try and figure it out ^_^

For me it happens for all folders. But it looks like it depends on content of all three (Network, Port, Volume) columns. For bridge network it jumps to the left, for container ref network it jumps to the right. And when there is long volume path then network column is narrower (easily visible on container ref network because it overflow to another line when it's on one line in another folder).

You will probably be able to simulate it if you change width of your browser window. I'm using Tree style tab on right side in Firefox so my view area is more like old 4:3 monitor :)

And when I think about it maybe docker tab table is designed this way, to rearrange itself based on content. Only it isn't visible because it always show all containers so it remains stable. But for your plugin it doesn't work well.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, bambi73 said:

looks like you reintroduced order persistence problem with your last optimizations.

Ups should be fixed now. I should really test a bit more when doing those kinds of changes xD

15 hours ago, bambi73 said:

And when I think about it maybe docker tab table is designed this way, to rearrange itself based on content. Only it isn't visible because it always show all containers so it remains stable. But for your plugin it doesn't work well.

I think you're spot on. I have an idea of how I might be able to fix it, will try it later today and see how it goes :)

edit:
So after a bit of playing around i found a fix.
What i do is get the width of all the columns before the folders are created then apply the width once folders are created.

I have attached a zip file with the changes so you can check if its works for you, as i was unable to get it to happen on all my folders even with Tree style tab on firefox. If it works for you and there are not issues, then i will add it as and option ^_^ DockerFolder_Docker.zip (just replace the existing one in '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/')

Edited by GuildDarts
mabye fix for the issue
15 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

I have attached a zip file with the changes so you can check if its works for you, as i was unable to get it to happen on all my folders even with Tree style tab on firefox. If it works for you and there are not issues, then i will add it as and option ^_^ DockerFolder_Docker.zip (just replace the existing one in '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/')

Yeah, this works perfectly. Tried "madly" clicking around and table stays nice and static :)

13 hours ago, Energen said:

I just came across this plugin and it's exactly what I knew I needed... so just wanted to say thanks! ;)

Would you be able to apply the same type of categorizing to the plugins page? That would be kinda cool too...

Glad that you like it :)

It's definitely possible to do, but it's not something that i would be willing to do right now sorry :(
Might do it in the future as i have been thinking of doing folders for VMs, so i might also do for plugins then cuz why not

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update

• Added: Global settings
  • Added: Option to prevent docker page shifting
    @bambi73 This should fix it, the option is under "Global Settings" in the top right when editing/adding a folder.
    Changed a bit how the fix is a applied, so i hope it still works ^_^
  • Added: Preview webui icon

This update changes a few things about folders.json incase your folders are gone please report it. And there is a backup at "/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.backup.json"
This should not happen but just in case :)