[Plugin] Docker Folder

8 minutes ago, sjb217 said:

I created a new folder with only stopped dockers. As soon as I clicked SUBMIT, I lost all folders.

Now when I click on the IMPORT/EXPORT button, the only folder showing is the one that killed it.

Capture.JPG.b6f4351a0d586ad68bad6874ce8d4ee0.JPG

if you do 

cat /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json

can you see all your folders or only the one the killed it all

What did you name the folder that killed it, in your screenshot the folder has no name

Edited by GuildDarts

@sjb217 this has me pulling my hair out. Can't seem to figure out why that would happen.
Just made a folder named "stopped" added only stopped dockers and it works
46840096_Annotation2020-08-27142942.thumb.png.40064a602e97a74613301da7ea3eb846.png

I really wanna figure out why this is happening but don't know where to start :/
could you try another reinstall and if it happens again, tell me what you did to cause it :)

Edited by GuildDarts

@GuildDarts i had this issue when i've updated the plugin but the folders.json file had version 2 and there was no settings  variable inside of it. @sjb217 might also have the lower  version inside that file, hence the reason why it is not working as expected. Deleting the file and then refreshing browser twice made new file with correct version and everything just worked as intended

P.S. re-install of the plugin wont fix the version or any issues with folders.json for some reason

Edited by darki73

@GuildDarts , I have re-installed the plug-in and set up my folders.

I can safely re-order the folders and re-order the dockers within the folders.

All is stable again. The folders.json is version 4 and I see the settings variable.

But at the moment, all folders have at least one running docker inside.

I predict that if I create/modify a folder to have no actively running dockers, the plug-in will fail.

14 minutes ago, darki73 said:

i had this issue when i've updated the plugin but the folders.json file had version 2 and there was no settings  variable inside of it.

Very curious why that would happen, but that's for another time :D

4 minutes ago, sjb217 said:

But at the moment, all folders have at least one running docker inside.

I predict that if I create/modify a folder to have no actively running dockers, the plug-in will fail.

i would recommend that you goto import/export then export all your folders. Then try and make a folder with only stopped.
If i goes bad then you can just import it. Also if it goes bad could you attach the export to your post so i can try on my end :)

19 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

If you open browser console and refresh the page do you get any errors?
If you goto addFolder then in the top right there is a button called 'import/export' if you click it do you see all your folders there?
Do your folders also seem to come and go like @sjb217 or are they just gone
Are they missing on both the docker page and dashboard or just one of them?

Will also try and see if i can reproduce this

Refreshes dont help.

Not tried add folder.

Folders do not come and go.

Missing from both.

Not tried the other 'tip' i saw come up regarding the dev console in Chrome and whatnot - nothings changed, an update shouldnt break a pre-existing config.

I'll likely look into it at the weekend, but for now im just gonna remove the app. 😞

Great idea/plugin though, just needs polish. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, local.bin said:

Thanks for the useful plugin :)

I wondered if it was possible / helpful if the hostname could be added to the export naming, so with multiple unraid servers we don't inadvertently import to the wrong one.

<hostmame>.docker.folder-AllFolders-2020_09_09-1.json

Just pushed an update with this ^_^

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A year or two ago when I started running lots of containers and it got messy to keep track I said to myself "I really wish they'd let you organize these into groups or folders"... so I really just want to say THANK YOU very much on this...

This makes things so much cleaner, and the advanced options to show them w/ expand/collapse on the dashboard is just icing on the cake.

image.thumb.png.e63c57c460273f85530f2904cb9cdebc.png

• Like 1
On 3/13/2020 at 10:38 AM, Roxedus said:

By not adding (more like forgetting) to add a icon, the folder actually never shows, and are nowhere to be found in the gui. Deleting the folder in the json squid mentioned does not resolve the issue, only deleting the whole file helped.

Edit: seems like it was not the missing icon, rather the space in the name

A punctuation in the folder name seems to have caused a similar issue. Renaming the folder to a new name with no symbols fixed my issue.

Update

• Change: Allow more characters for folder names
    This should fix stuff like punctuations messing things up and allow for some fun with emojis 🙃
  • Fixed: Prevent multiple scripts from editing folders simultaneously
    This could sometimes corrupt folders.json ups:/
  • Fixed: Folder order shifting
  • Added: Button help info

614736078_Screenshot2020-10-13161837.png.0699d922a57fde1ca209965061a3108c.png

3 hours ago, UnKwicks said:

I have a problem that my folders do not appear on the Dashboard.

It worked for a short time some weeks ago and then it stopped working.

Is there any setting I am missing that disables the folders on the Dashboard?

I reinstalled Docker Folders to check if this helps but it did not.

sorry about that
sort of recently i added VM support and it looks like if VMs are not enabled the dashboard does not work.
Might be what causing it for you, try enabling VMs and see if that fixes it also check browser console for errors :)
 in any case will fix that as it is an issue but might not be yours ^_^

Edit:
Just pushed an update that should fix the dashboard not working with VMs disabled.
Hope this was your issue if not check your browser console for any errors ^_^

Edited by GuildDarts
22 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

sorry about that
sort of recently i added VM support and it looks like if VMs are not enabled the dashboard does not work.
Might be what causing it for you, try enabling VMs and see if that fixes it also check browser console for errors :)
 in any case will fix that as it is an issue but might not be yours ^_^

Edit:
Just pushed an update that should fix the dashboard not working with VMs disabled.
Hope this was your issue if not check your browser console for any errors ^_^

Hey Thanks!

Did the update and the dashboard is working again.

Also it fixed that my Dashboard was not able to show CPU load bars. Now this is working as well. 

Hello all.

I just started getting an error message that says "Read_Folders error. It looks like migration is running wild."  There is a dialog box that pops up just before this one that says something about docker folders, but it disappears too quickly to comprehend.

Any idea what this might be about?

Unraid Pro 6.8.2

11 hours ago, Moose_Flunky said:

Hello all.

I just started getting an error message that says "Read_Folders error. It looks like migration is running wild."  There is a dialog box that pops up just before this one that says something about docker folders, but it disappears too quickly to comprehend.

Any idea what this might be about?

Unraid Pro 6.8.2

I have seen this happen a few times before. It happens when the script fails to migrate, it then keeps trying 5 times then errors out.
Nothing springs to mind as to why its failing. You can either uninstall and remake your folders, or if your feeling adventurous goto "/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder" there should be a folder.json. I know one guy fixed theres after it also got currupted
Sorry about it happening, hope this somewhat helps you :)

Edited by GuildDarts
6 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

I have seen this happen a few times before. It happens when the script fails to migrate, it then keeps trying 5 times then errors out.
Nothing springs to mind as to why its failing. You can either uninstall and remake your folders, or if your feeling adventurous goto "/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder" there should be a folder.json. I know one guy fixed theres after it also got currupted
Sorry about it happening, hope this somewhat helps you :)

Any risk to uninstalling and reinstalling?  I don't like the sound of folders being remade, but I don't know enough to know if this is actually a problem or not.  Also, I assume you mean uninstalling the docker folder plugin and then reinstalling it, right?

2 minutes ago, Moose_Flunky said:

Any risk to uninstalling and reinstalling?  I don't like the sound of folders being remade, but I don't know enough to know if this is actually a problem or not.  Also, I assume you mean uninstalling the docker folder plugin and then reinstalling it, right?

Yeah i mean uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin :)
There is not really a risk you will just lose your folders, and will have to remake them which is kind of a drag
again sorry for the inconvenience