[Plugin] Docker Folder

2 hours ago, kennymc.c said:

@GuildDarts Thanks for the quick fix but now I have problems in Safari. Only one of the folders shows up, but the buttons, the overview of the containing containers and the frame are missing. But it can be edited. The Add Folder button doesn't work either. In Chrome and Firefox, on the other hand, it looks fine.

sigh man i hate being able to check if stuff works on safari :(
Did it work on safari before the latest update?
Also could you open the browser console, refresh the page and post the errors?

Unfortunately, probably with the 6.9.1 update a few new errors occurred. I can no longer edit folders when I click on them and delete containers / images. The button in the delete popup window has no function.

When the plugin is uninstalled, these errors no longer occur.

Edit folder:

Docker.folder_delete.thumb.png.54ecaafe3828a60e594eb76e0f75856a.png

Delete Container / include Image:

Docker.folder_delete.thumb.png.54ecaafe3828a60e594eb76e0f75856a.png

docker.folder_edit.png

10 minutes ago, kennymc.c said:

Unfortunately, probably with the 6.9.1 update a few new errors occurred. I can no longer edit folders when I click on them and delete containers / images. The button in the delete popup window has no function.

When the plugin is uninstalled, these errors no longer occur.

Looks like you're having the same issue that @ChillZwix reported a few weeks ago

if you edit '/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json'
then you should be able to find something like

"children": null

remove the folder it belongs to or change null to []

that should hopefully fix it, i will try and figure out why this might be happening :)

Edited by GuildDarts
  • Like 1

Thanks for creating the plugin :)

Slight issue after the recent update to 6.9 Final where I lost all of my docker folders; not sure why.

I am trying to import my backup and press import and select the file to import, but nothing happens?

There is only a cancel button, Import, Export and Export All showing, not sure what I am missing?

Thanks

2 hours ago, local.bin said:

Thanks for creating the plugin :)

Slight issue after the recent update to 6.9 Final where I lost all of my docker folders; not sure why.

I am trying to import my backup and press import and select the file to import, but nothing happens?

There is only a cancel button, Import, Export and Export All showing, not sure what I am missing?

Thanks

hmm thats weird that an unraid update would make your folders disappear :/

When did you make the backup as i changed the way folders are stored sometime ago so it might no be able to import the old format.

Could you attach your backup to a post then i can try and fix the backup or update the plugin to fix the backup import :)

edit:
Super embarrassing at some point i had moved some scripts into a folder, but i forgot to update the path in the import code :$
Just pushed an update, hopefully you should be able to import your backup

Edited by GuildDarts
should be fixed
1 hour ago, GuildDarts said:

hmm thats weird that an unraid update would make your folders disappear :/

When did you make the backup as i changed the way folders are stored sometime ago so it might no be able to import the old format.

Could you attach your backup to a post then i can try and fix the backup or update the plugin to fix the backup import :)

edit:
Super embarrassing at some point i had moved some scripts into a folder, but i forgot to update the path in the import code :$
Just pushed an update, hopefully you should be able to import your backup

Lol, no problem :) your update sorted it, thank you.

I was updating unraid, then I updated the kernel with kernel helper and had some dns issues with a new broadband provider and at some stage during that the docker folder stuff got reset.

Back now, few tweaks and another backup and I am good to go, thanks :)

Edited by local.bin

Having strange issues on trying to add/edit a folder after an update to the plugin recently to latest version (2021.03.14). 

Issue breakdown.

1) Adding a new folder after the update as normal created a folder called "undefined" and i can not edit it or do anything now, not even remove it. Trying to change the name, add icon, add in dockers, clicking submit does nothing. If you click submit without a name it alerts to add a name as normal but once you add in a name it still does not save.

2) Later inspection of existing folders before the update they all still exist and function but I can not do anything new to them.

3) Trying to create another new folder does not work either, brings you to settings and clicking submit does nothing.

Things I have tried: 

-Disable > Enable docker from settings

-Rebooting the entire Unraid server

Possible Cause: I might have tried to pull a docker into the folder that already had a folder? I can't exactly tell as to what I did cause i can't edit and the folder acts as if its a phantom, and I can't find any logs anywhere pertaining to this plugin. I also used a 600x600 or so png file for the icon, maybe it did not like that but not really been a problem before. 

Not sure it will help, but here is a screen of the folder.  4IFUGne.png

Solution: Uninstall > Reinstall the plugin seems to have fixed my issue now, whatever it was. I did lose all my folders but it's fixable and at least working now.

Edited by l2evy
  • Thanks 1

@l2evy just pushed an update that should hopefully fix the issue :)
Just wanna say thanks for the detailed report as "Possible Cause: I might have tried to pull a docker into the folder that already had a folder?" turned out the be the issue

i also think this might have been the issue that a few others had experience recently so thanks again

Edited by GuildDarts
2 hours ago, muwahhid said:

Where are the folder icons in the system? I need this to send them, in messages, as notifications in telegram.
I know that the container icons are here.
And I also need folder icons.

/usr/local/emhttp/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images

Folder icons are stored in, as base64

/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I discovered a small bug. If you remove a container without removing it from the folder, it still shows up as in the folder count, but there is no way to remove it. As seen here:

1367782148_ScreenShot2021-05-03at20_29_40.png.715f19a77e9f23f38d2b8ba1a5ea7cfb.png

It says there are 1/2 containers started, but there is only 1 container left in the folder. In the folder.json file, the old container (linuxgsm-docker) is still listed as a member of the folder. If you click on the folder, the old container doesn't show up, and there isn't any way to remove the container (besides editing the /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folder.json file directly).

As I said, I can remove the extra container by modifying the file, so it's a minor issues, but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has this same issue.

14 minutes ago, Kirizan said:

I discovered a small bug. If you remove a container without removing it from the folder, it still shows up as in the folder count, but there is no way to remove it. As seen here:

1367782148_ScreenShot2021-05-03at20_29_40.png.715f19a77e9f23f38d2b8ba1a5ea7cfb.png

It says there are 1/2 containers started, but there is only 1 container left in the folder. In the folder.json file, the old container (linuxgsm-docker) is still listed as a member of the folder. If you click on the folder, the old container doesn't show up, and there isn't any way to remove the container (besides editing the /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folder.json file directly).

As I said, I can remove the extra container by modifying the file, so it's a minor issues, but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has this same issue.

This issue has been reported a few times before, and I could have sworn I had fixed it. 
Just tried to reproduce it, but it successfully removed the container from the folder are you on the latest version of the plugin?
edit:
Think i will add a way to remove containers from the ui even if they dont exist anymore, i really should have done that from the start

Edited by GuildDarts
  • 1 month later...

I was adding a new container to an existing folder and after clicking submit it seemed like nothing happened (but it was most likely just a bit slow to load) so I clicked again. After that, all my folders were gone and the Docker page showed the error message: "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/add-update.folder/import-export.php on line 8".

I checked /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json and saw it was malformed + a duplicate key had been created for the folder I was adding to. Good thing there's a backup :)

Anyhoo, it would be nice if this sort of thing could be prevented, i.e. not allowing duplicate keys to be written and/or disabling the submit button after it's clicked.

5 minutes ago, KnifeFed said:

I was adding a new container to an existing folder and after clicking submit it seemed like nothing happened (but it was most likely just a bit slow to load) so I clicked again. After that, all my folders were gone and the Docker page showed the error message: "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/add-update.folder/import-export.php on line 8".

I checked /boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json and saw it was malformed + a duplicate key had been created for the folder I was adding to. Good thing there's a backup :)

Anyhoo, it would be nice if this sort of thing could be prevented, i.e. not allowing duplicate keys to be written and/or disabling the submit button after it's clicked.

Thanks for the report, did have a piece of code that disabled the submit after it was click but i guess it broke :(
Will update later today with a fix :)

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, KnifeFed said:

I've noticed that when restarting a container, the log- and globe icons start spinning. Is this intentional? Here's a screenshot of what I'm referring to.

This is not international but as the code that makes it spin is not from docker-folder I can't really fix it :(

edit:
Just took another look, and it turns out that I was already modifying the function that was responsible for making the icon spin.
Just pushed and update with a fix, should have check before posting :$

Edited by GuildDarts
update with fix
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

This is not international but as the code that makes it spin is not from docker-folder I can't really fix it :(

Yeah, I see now that it puts the 'fa-spin' class on every <i> element within the container. Would it be possible to either put an inline style like:

<i style="-webkit-animation: none !important; animation: none !important;"...>

on the icons where it's not wanted or inject some global CSS, like:

.fa-navicon.fa-spin, .fa-globe.fa-spin { -webkit-animation: none !important; animation: none !important; }

?