[Plugin] Docker Folder


420 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Josiah said:

First off, love the plugin.

 

I particularly like this preview view, but when I try to use it, if I make any small change to the order of my containers or folders, then all of my folders and containers within the folders start to randomly sort themselves. The sort order stays on the random order it chose even if I try to reorder. If I make a change to that setting in any of my folders, I'll get stuck with a new random order. If half have the setting and the other half doesn't, then the ones that have it turned on will go where they please, but the ones that don't will stay ordered relative to each other.

Hey i kinda get what you're describing just can't seem to break it :(
The next version changes a few things about sorting and the preview, so might somehow fix it.
If you still have the issue after the next version could you make a short video showing the bug?

New verison should be out in a day or two

Edit:
Disregard everything above, found the issue while looking for another issuexD

Edited by GuildDarts
Fix :D
Link to post
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Docker Folder lets you create folders for docker containers to help with your organization, especially useful if you're using docker-compose. How to install: Can be found in Community Applic

Update Add new expansion button Add docker preview Thanks again @hernandito for the visuals, tried my best to make it look like it   If you think something looks of pl

here is a quick and dirty Photoshop of what I describe above. Perhaps the line w/ the icon can have a show/hide toggle... or the icons are semi transparent (if too cluttered), or made grey scale. When

Posted Images

Update

  • Preview and expanded folder style changes, picture bellow (thanks @hernandito)
  • Display current folder for dockers in editFolder

  • Allow moving docker from one folder to another
  • Added: preview no-icon context-menu

  • Added: regex docker selection

  • Added: WebUI subcommand
    doing [DOCKER:some_docker_name] will get that dockers webui settings.
    It does not parse the xml just gets the element (sorry @JesterEE)

  • Fixed: preview icon breaking save sort-order

 

There are a few more changes but they are minor :)

 

style-changes.thumb.png.7b17cb7f8eac19cdfa0e07c3225bf43d.png

Edited by GuildDarts
a bit extra info
Link to post

One of the folders disappeared so I tried to create a another folder with the same name but that messed up my whole config because all my folders arent showing up. When I try to add a new folder I get this error 

 

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/import-export.php on line 10

forgot to export my last config but hey that's my own fault ..

 

 

so i found a bkup of the folder config file and noticed the error in my new config, removed the messed folder and all my settings came back ok. all good now :)

Edited by poniz
found solution
Link to post
9 hours ago, GuildDarts said:

 

  • Fixed: preview icon breaking save sort-order

Sweet. It's working great for me now. Thank you sir.

 

By the way, I have joined hernandito in making folder icons for people if anyone wants them:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, poniz said:

One of the folders disappeared so I tried to create a another folder with the same name but that messed up my whole config because all my folders arent showing up. When I try to add a new folder I get this error 

 


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/import-export.php on line 10

forgot to export my last config but hey that's my own fault ..

 

 

so i found a bkup of the folder config file and noticed the error in my new config, removed the messed folder and all my settings came back ok. all good now :)

I always get scared when i hear about messed up config :S (hoping its just a one of)

In any case will add a check to stop user from making a folder with the same name as an existing one

Thanks for the kind words above ^_^

Edited by GuildDarts
Link to post
On 5/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, GuildDarts said:

Update

  • Added: WebUI subcommand
    doing [DOCKER:some_docker_name] will get that dockers webui settings.
    It does not parse the xml just gets the element (sorry @JesterEE)

Maybe in the future.  All the updates and support are great!  Thank you!

 

My Dashboard docker alignment still gets a little skewed using Docker Folder.  I know you did some work with it, but on my dashboard, the folder contents shift to the right when the Started Only setting is selected.  I think it doesn't recompute the docker folder splitting based on that option.

 

Edited by JesterEE
Link to post
2 hours ago, JesterEE said:

Maybe in the future.  All the updates and support are great!  Thank you!

 

My Dashboard docker alignment still gets a little skewed using Docker Folder.  I know you did some work with it, but on my dashboard, the folder contents shift to the right when the Started Only setting is selected.  I think it doesn't recompute the docker folder splitting based on that option.

 

Might do it in the future, is there a bug report for the webui not showing with docker as network type?

I would kinda want the issue fixed, so i dont have to do the xml parsing lazy me :P
Also cloud you point me to a guide on how to "specify a container as the Network Type" i dont know how or what its for

About the Dashboard alignment, im guessing you're referring to when its expanded, or is this another bug
ups.png.1a4ebe763d880647ed11bab99d54ffbd.png

Link to post

Hello,

 

This plugin is fantastic. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

 

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I believe that I found a bug while testing the "Add Button" feature. I wasn't 100% sure what it did initially, and just added a button without a URL (see image). When doing that and submitting the changes, it breaks the folder and doesn't allow for further editing or access to any of the containers added to that folder.

 

The only way that I could remove the broken folder (since there was no longer an edit or remove option in the context menu) was to edit the folders.json file in the plugin's config folder.

 

Again, apologies if this was already mentioned or known. Thought I'd post it just in case.

 

Thanks!

brokenfolder.png

Link to post
43 minutes ago, syrupywaffles said:

Hello,

 

This plugin is fantastic. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

 

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I believe that I found a bug while testing the "Add Button" feature. I wasn't 100% sure what it did initially, and just added a button without a URL (see image). When doing that and submitting the changes, it breaks the folder and doesn't allow for further editing or access to any of the containers added to that folder.

 

The only way that I could remove the broken folder (since there was no longer an edit or remove option in the context menu) was to edit the folders.json file in the plugin's config folder.

 

Again, apologies if this was already mentioned or known. Thought I'd post it just in case.

 

Thanks!

brokenfolder.png

Thanks for reporting, it has not been reported yet. Will fix in next version
And also thanks for the very clear instructions^_^

Edited by GuildDarts
Link to post

Hmm, I understand spaces are not allowed in the folder name but I tried a + instead and the folder created has a ? icon and my containers that were supposed to go in it have disappeared. I checked on the cli with a docker ps and they are still running so I reinstalled the app and that seems to solve the issue however I need to recreate my folders again. C'est La Vie. Thanks for making this app though. This really should be a default feature.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Monradax said:

Hmm, I understand spaces are not allowed in the folder name but I tried a + instead and the folder created has a ? icon and my containers that were supposed to go in it have disappeared. I checked on the cli with a docker ps and they are still running so I reinstalled the app and that seems to solve the issue however I need to recreate my folders again. C'est La Vie. Thanks for making this app though. This really should be a default feature.

Yeah sorry about that. Right now its not so good with special characters. I would stick with english letters and _-

Link to post

Update

  • Added: New icon style label-tab (image below, thanks @hernandito)

  • Added: Only animate icon on hover
    This will pause gif/svgs that are animating and only animate them when hovering over folder.
  • Added: Preview icons grayscaled as option

  • Added: Preview display only on hover

  • Change: Expand button style default

  • Fixed: Prevent a bit more bad input

  • Fixed: Improve dashboard expanded started only
    It does not fix it entirely but should be a bit better.

new_icon-tab_style.thumb.png.53aa2a7a8a97cdd1aaad1946a294c776.png

Edited by GuildDarts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Great plugin. Unfortunately i have quite a mess.

I created several folders but were not showing up, and dockers in these folders were not showing either.

When creating a folder i have a deleted docker which shows up.

I decided to restart from scratch by deleting plugin, but the add folder is still present.

After reinstalling plugin i have 2 warnings when adding a folder:

Warning: file_get_contents(/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/import-export.php on line 2

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/import-export.php on line 10

edit: i deleted filles and folder in /boot/config/plugins and in /usr/local/emhtpp/plugins. No more add folder button but when i reinstall plugin i have the following error:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/master/plugins/docker.folder.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/master/plugins/docker.folder.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/master/plugins/docker.folder.plg ... done
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error

 

Edited by caplam
Link to post
4 hours ago, caplam said:

Great plugin. Unfortunately i have quite a mess.

I created several folders but were not showing up, and dockers in these folders were not showing either.

When creating a folder i have a deleted docker which shows up.

I decided to restart from scratch by deleting plugin, but the add folder is still present.

After reinstalling plugin i have 2 warnings when adding a folder:


Warning: file_get_contents(/boot/config/plugins/docker.folder/folders.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/import-export.php on line 2

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/docker.folder/include/import-export.php on line 10

edit: i deleted filles and folder in /boot/config/plugins and in /usr/local/emhtpp/plugins. No more add folder button but when i reinstall plugin i have the following error:


plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/master/plugins/docker.folder.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/master/plugins/docker.folder.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GuildDarts/unraid-plugin-docker.folder/master/plugins/docker.folder.plg ... done
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error

 

First of let my just say that i have never experience anything like this, so i might be totally wrong:S 

It's really weird that it would not uninstall and reinstall. You said that the 'add folder' button was still there even when you uninstalled.
To me this kinda makes it sound like not an issue with docker.folder, but plugins in general. Are you able to install/uninstall other plugins without issues?

Link to post

Now the add folder button has disappeared. 

It seems i cannot completly delete the plugin. I now have an error :

plugin: removing: docker.folder.plg
plugin: file doesn't exist or xml parse error

 

And when i open the plugins page i see this (even if it has been deleted):

 

Capture d’écran 2020-06-07 à 21.59.06.png

Link to post
6 hours ago, caplam said:

I can't also install it. 

I tried to remove another plugin with success (fix common problems) and i have been able to had a plugin too (controlir).

Yeah i don't think this is an issue with docker.folder, not trying to shift blame

It does not make any sense to me why after you remove the plugin that its still in the plugins tab.
The only thing i can think of is to manual make the plugin folder and put the docker.folder.plg in the folder and see if can uninstall.

Could you maybe make a new post under general support and ask why you cant remove plugin as i have no clue. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer

Sorry for not being of more help just really have no idea and this is a bit out of my comfort zone.

Edit:
Something that might be worth a try is a restart. As i think that all plugins get installed on startup. So since you removed all the files from the flash it won't be able to install.
Tried deleting my docker.folder.plg and got the same plugin with missing icon thing.
227343764_Annotation2020-06-08045612.thumb.png.7fb43850f1ed34ff241bb94edfe84578.png

Edited by GuildDarts
Link to post

I have a couple of folders that have docker containers that are not started. It seems to be a coin flip for each of these folders as to whether they'll show up on the Docker page or not. Also I don't seem to have any control over the order the folders are in on the page, every time I reload they either reset or change to some other random order.

Link to post
42 minutes ago, cback said:

It seems to be a coin flip for each of these folders as to whether they'll show up on the Docker page or not

Could you check browser console and see if you get any errors?
 

43 minutes ago, cback said:

Also I don't seem to have any control over the order the folders are in on the page, every time I reload they either reset or change to some other random order.

Could you try and reorder any docker or folder in the docker tab. Reordering saves the current order to 'userprefs.cfg'

Link to post
22 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

Could you try and reorder any docker or folder in the docker tab. Reordering saves the current order to 'userprefs.cfg'

Yeah that's the problem, when you reload or come back to the page it does not stay. Do I need to find this userprefs.cfg file and organize it in there?

Link to post
19 minutes ago, GuildDarts said:

you could try and 'reset order' that might work
998239807_Annotation2020-06-09221405.thumb.png.960d592d75978bdcd4812db7fc802a87.png

Still no luck, even if it seems like the items stay in place for a refresh or two, a few folders will disappear and after a couple refreshes they'll show up again and the folder order will be randomized.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.