Help Take the Fight to COVID-19 with BOINC and Folding@home

10 minutes ago, alael said:

Question

1) who sent the notification on unraid?

2) Did @limetech authorized all of this?

Sorry but for what ever reason having a third party software send me unsolicited notification is unacceptable and to be frank gives me a loot of doubt that can be easily exploited for less then good propose.

I sent it.  Debate currently within the CA thread about the appropriateness of it.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

@aptalca any chance of updating the RDP-BOINC container to the latest recommended version of BOINC? Right now the Dockerfile is pulling version 7.2.42 but the recommended version is 7.4.22. If you'd prefer, I'm happy to submit a PR to update the Dockerfile. Cheers. 

That base is too old. I'll look into creating a new boinc image when I get a chance, on a newer base and perhaps with gpu support

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, testdasi said:

What notification? I haven't received any.

It was a "banner" across the top... similar as to when a new version of Unraid is available.  I assume it checked to see if a server had the BOINC or Folding@Home docker installed, so if you already had one of them, you probably didn't see it.  Not going to debate it's usefulness here, but I don't see an issue with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/14/2020 at 12:59 PM, mattekure said:

One suggestion for the Boinc Install instructions.  In order for the File->Select Computer option to show up, you have to switch to Advanced View.  Simple view does not show that option.

I was going crazy. I knew something was off, thanks!

Also, doesn't the docker has a webUI? 

1 minute ago, gacpac said:

Thanks!

This might be a dumb question but, does it know when to release CPU to other dockers? I don't want to hog Plex or other parts of the server by doing this

In the BOINC manager settings, you can choose a whole host of options including only having it run when otherwise not in use.

I have RDP-Boinc pinned to 8 cores at 3 on 2 off sequence, (60%) since my 9900k runs hot... that said, it would be great if Rosetta were to add a gpu component (I have 2070 that sits mostly idle... along with my gaming aspirations).

Glad to be part of Team UnRAID

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 4.21.24 PM.png

Edited by J.Nerdy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, aptalca said:

That base is too old. I'll look into creating a new boinc image when I get a chance, on a newer base and perhaps with gpu support

Cool, thanks a lot. I don't know if it would be possible, but perhaps hurricane/dockergui:xvnc could just be swapped for lsiobase/guacgui (which, as you probably remember, was updated to bionic by @hurricanehrndz  last year).

7 minutes ago, Reynald said:

Hello,

I'm in with Bionic RDP.

Even using advanced view, I cannot find where to choose the team when adding the project... Any guidance please?

Tools > Add Project or account manager > account manager > select an account manager

From their you should be able to manage projects and team membership

Edited by J.Nerdy

Despite dedicating four cores to this in the config, this software is pegging my CPU and turning it into the surface of the sun.

How to fix?  Found the "use no more than XX%" in the RDP config, looks like that works for now.

Got Rosetta@Home, couldn't find Unraid team.

Edited by tucansam