write speed a little slow

Hi all,

I am new to Unraid. I wanted to have a good local backup solution so I thought Unraid would be great. I have a HPe Microserver Gen 10 (I know not the best but thats what I have) with a 12 TB parity and 12 TB storage disk. I also have a 120 GB cache SSD. The server is connected to Gbit LAN and I get good GBit speeds with iperf3. However, when I am trying to copy my old backups onto the share, I have speeds that start at 20 MB/s and decay to about 8 MB/s. I am a little surprised by that. Do I have unrealistic expectations? Or is there something wrong with my setup? Attached: Diagnostics and a timeline of my latest copy session. 

I hope you may be able to help.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.30.09 PM.png

tower-diagnostics-20200314-2226.zip

Hey, so I have been testing a few things. 1st Windows has a transfer rate > 60MB/s, which is awesome. Only MacOS has the terribly slow transfer rates. I tested two machines and both show the same thing. On the other hand iperf shows near GBit speeds.

When I mount the Share using NFS my write speeds go way up > 60MB/s sometimes 100MB/s for short periods of time.

So my take away is that the samba implementation on MacOS is terrible. Any ideas how to fix this? I cant be the only one experiencing this, right?