How to set up unRAID notification using Gmail SMTP settings

wepee

15 minutes ago, nfriedly said:

In my case, none of these were true - I'm on a personal account and I've had 2FA enabled for years - but it still wouldn't show me the App Passwords option. I poked around for a while and eventually found that the url https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords works even though it doesn't show up in the security settings.

After that, when I did finally get google to give me an app password, I tried just copy-pasting it to unraid, but that got an authentication error. Eventually I realized that even though the password was really 16-characters, google had put spaces after every 4 characters for readability (or whatever), so when I copy-pasted I got extra spaces that weren't part of the password. I had to paste it into a notepad, delete the spaces, then copy it into unraid.

OOOooooooh, I never thought about them putting extra spaces in there.  I may have to revisit this.  Ironically I've really become fond of using discord for my notifications, as that is seeming to become more supported on other devices, so everything comes to one chat room.  

But thanks on the heads up on the password, I'll give it a try again.  

• 3 months later...

If there are still people have trouble to set up notifications via gmail like me this solution works for now:

1. Login to your Google Account
  2. On the left panel click on "Security"
  3. Click on 2FA
  4. Scroll down to App passwords
  5. Click on the arrow

There you can set a new app password.

Unraid_Google_01.thumb.jpg.14d18a7dda325ffe28c368cf1aad9ec4.jpg

Unraid_Google_02.thumb.jpg.a2c8820d418956fd6dadde6333dfc1e4.jpg

• Thanks 1