Unraid for non vt-d hardware / laptops

Hi,

I'm on my third unraid build and day to day i'm more and more aware of the potential of unraid...

My third server is made from old parts and the mainboard/cpu cannot cope with vt-d.

That is sad as i cannot use a display for those vm's... Than an idea came across my mind...

The unraid GUI is like a webpage, right??? What about a mod to connect directly to guacamole home page instead of the GUI?? Even better if it could connect directly to a vm in fullscreen ( rdp connection over guacamole)....

This could open doors to laptop and old hardware use of unraid....

Edited by btagomes
2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

What is wrong with the current capability to run a web page based VNC session to a VM?   This will work as long as you have enabled GUI mode in Unraid.

Maybe thats too confusing to some of the users (my wife, my sons,etc.) The goal is to put the VM in fullscreen directly from boot (either VNC or RDP).

I mentioned RDP over guacamole because in my experience that remote connection gave better results than VNC.

2 minutes ago, btagomes said:

Maybe thats too confusing to some of the users (my wife, my sons,etc.) The goal is to put the VM in fullscreen directly from boot (either VNC or RDP).

I mentioned RDP over guacamole because in my experience that remote connection gave better results than VNC.

I forgot to mention, the idea is to dual porpose that server, as a desktop and a docker server.