SMB Connection Issue from One Machine

smdl

Hi, folks.

I'm fairly new to unRAID, but have been using it without issue for some time, with connections from multiple machines and users without issue.  However, when I am trying to connect from one particular Windows machine today, the response I get is that the credentials are invalid.  However, when I connect using the same credentials from another Windows machine, I am able to connect just fine.  Not sure why I am having this difficulty when it has worked fine from this machine in the past, but any suggestions of where to look would appreciated.  I'm continuing to dig to see what I can find.

Thanks,
Shaun

A bit more information:

I am aware of the issue where if you connect first to a public share, that a persistent connection will be created, and that Windows will not allow the user to connect again with different credentials.  However, that does not appear to be what is happening, in this case.  I have confirmed through smbstatus that the only machine currently connected is the Win 10 machine that I am able to connect successfully from.  To be doubly sure, I also tried the recommended command on the Win 7 machine (net use * /delete) to determine if it believes that any connections exist.  This also confirms that there are no connections to the unRAID server from that machine.

On the unsuccessful machine, I am able to reach the unRAID server via Network, by navigating to either the machine or the IP, and I can see a list of all the shares that are visible.  However, when I try to connect, no matter how I try, I keep getting an indication that the credentials are invalid.  In the past, I had no trouble at all connecting to the unRAID server from this machine. 

As an aside, I have had also had no issue setting this Win 7 machine up in unRAID as a remote SMB share, and can happily see everything going that direction.

The reason that I am attempting to connect at this time is that I have been using Robocopy on Windows to sync data from the Win 7 machine to a share on unRAID, with the goal of then being able to update the Win 7 machine to Win 10 (want to get all the data off before I go through the upgrade).  I have been able to connect several times recently and run the Robocopy sync, and today was to be the final update before taking down the machine for upgrade.  So, I'm a bit miffed that I am now not able to connect!  😐

I'm sure that this is something silly that I'm doing wrong, and welcome any input that folks might have.

Thanks,

Shaun

Edited by smdl