my cache1 is dead! i need help! PLS!

Ora

Yesterday, when I upgraded the unraid system (from 6.8.2 to 6.8.3), I copied the config folder from the boot USB drive, and then made the unriad v6.8.3 boot USB drive and replaced the config folder with the backup folder. After the boot, the cache array did not start as I expected, cache1 started normally, cache2-5 was not loaded, and then I stopped the cache array, The cache array is re-selected in order, but the warning "UNMOUNTABLE: no file system (no Btrfs devices)". The "array operation" prompts that I should format the cache1 disk. What should I do? If I format the cache1 disk, can the data in the cache array be recovered?

1506353063_image2020-3-1704_29.thumb.jpeg.9b4a235f5e9a31efc8f6c483141c8261.jpeg

Edited by Ora

Looking at the syslog the cache devices were wiped, you can't just start the array multiple times while trying various configs, there should have been a red warning "data os this device will be deleted at array start"  or similar for one or more devices, not even btrfs restore will work now since the superblocks were deleted, only option would be a file recovery util like UFS explorer, but not sure if it would work for this case, there's a trial if you want to give a shot.

8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Looking at the syslog the cache devices were wiped, you can't just start the array multiple times while trying various configs, there should have been a red warning "data os this device will be deleted at array start"  or similar for one or more devices, not even btrfs restore will work now since the superblocks were deleted, only option would be a file recovery util like UFS explorer, but not sure if it would work for this case, there's a trial if you want to give a shot.

hi sir, if i want to recover the cache array data, what tools can i use?except UFS Explorer, because it cant recover btrfs raid1

Edited by Ora