Rclone mounts not visible for PlexMediaServer GUI

Hello!

I just installed Unraid and before I make the decision to pay for the license I need to make sure of two things:

- I am able to run PlexMediaServer with HW Transcoding

- I am able to run a Windows 10 VM

I am having some issues with both topics above, but let's use this threat in the forum to discuss about Rclone mounts. I downloaded and installed rclone (Waseh) and Plex (official version) from CA. I created remote and mounted in /mnt/disks/peliculas; this all is working fine as I can see the list of folders from my team drive. However, I cannot see the folders in Plex GUI (I only get to see /mnt and this seems to be empty for Plex).

root@Tower:~# ls /mnt/disks/peliculas

03\ -\ 1080p\ Remux/  Animacion\ 1080p\ BDRemux/  Peliculas\ 4K\ Compresion/

05\ -\ MicroHD/       Animacion\ 4K/              Peliculas\ 4K\ Remux/

Animacion/            Peliculas\ 3D/              Películas\ Retro/

I have done another mount in /mnt/user/appdata/Plex/peliculas and same result, the mount is working fine but still not visible for Plex:

root@Tower:~# ls /mnt/user/appdata/Plex/peliculas

03\ -\ 1080p\ Remux/  Animacion\ 1080p\ BDRemux/  Peliculas\ 4K\ Compresion/

05\ -\ MicroHD/       Animacion\ 4K/              Peliculas\ 4K\ Remux/

Animacion/            Peliculas\ 3D/              Películas\ Retro/

Thank you in advance for your support, I hope to get this working!

Here is the run command, thank you in advance for your support:

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='XYZ' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex/transcode/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex/data':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker' 

XYZ

The command finished successfully!

Edited by yagomp
  • 1 month later...

Hi @yagomp

You shouldn't display your plex claim token out there like this, I advise you quickly edit your post...

Plex isn't seeing your mount because you didn't tell the host (docker) to pass the wanted folder to the guest (plex container).

In your case this should do :

-v '/mnt/disks/peliculas':'/mnt/disks/whateverfolderyouwantplextosee'

Moreover you should checkout DZMM excellent topic about rclone and unraid and it's github which provides nicelly done scripts in order to mount/re-mount if broken your rclone volumes properly as well as use mergefs for plex to see a unified mount containing both remote and local files.

Regarding your 2 other concerns I sadly can't help at the moment as I've not been there yet (waiting a small Nvidia P400 and way more RAM), but my readings here and there lead me to think you should be ok with both W10 vm and plex hardware transcoding.