[X] Windows 10 1909 VM with RX460 passthru black screen

After upgrading to Windows 10 1909 from a previous version (I believe 1809) my video now does not work (black screen.)  I have seen numerous posts with issues using the RX460 in general.  So I need to know what video card is good or better than RX460 and works well as vidoe passthru on Windows 10 1909 virtual machine.  Worked great for a looong time, I just don't understand why things like these are tolerated...

Only way I can use my VM is to run the AMD Cleanup Utility and using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (and of course, no audio.)

Edited by EArroyo

Try installing an earlier version of the AMD drivers. I have seen several cases of newer AMD drivers not liking passed through GPU. Since 1809 worked, try a driver that was available in 2018.

In terms of alternative cards, without knowing your hardware config, it's hard to give a recommendation. Even knowing your config, any recommendation is not a guarantee (e.g. not dissimilar to how your RX470 worked but then stopped working) so take that with a grain of salt.

Edited by testdasi