Plex remote server

s.lamoureux

For as long as I've had Plex running on my unraid server, the remote access will randomly stop working after a couple hours.  Going into settings and turning off remote access and then turning back on fixes this but it will be a never ending cycle. I can't tell if this is an actual unraid/docker issue or do I just need to set up a static IP or something? 

8 hours ago, s.lamoureux said:

For as long as I've had Plex running on my unraid server, the remote access will randomly stop working after a couple hours.  Going into settings and turning off remote access and then turning back on fixes this but it will be a never ending cycle. I can't tell if this is an actual unraid/docker issue or do I just need to set up a static IP or something? 

Too many factors to narrow down but I think unlikely to be the docker. Static IP, port forwarding, router settings, network settings etc.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:46 AM, testdasi said:

Too many factors to narrow down but I think unlikely to be the docker. Static IP, port forwarding, router settings, network settings etc.

Is there a way I can just set my plex container to restart every 3hrs? That would solve my problem for the most part without going down the rabbit hole of trying to pinpoint the exact problem. 

There is not a real reason this should happen though..

Do you have plex setup with its own ip address for the docker or using bridge and the main ip address ?  

If plex remains reachable itself but only the remote stops working then it looks like something in your router... basically there is nothing special that plex itself is doing to make that work...