MACOS cant open shares

Hello all.

I did a search and found a thread from 2012. A MOD did not like that a post from 2019 was there so i decided to make a new thread.

I got my UnRaid working. I have all shares as Export Yes Security Private. When I click on them, it says "The operation cant be completed because the original item for "MOVIES" cant be found".

Any help would be awesome please :)

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.38.31 PM.png

Thanks for the help.

The folder name is MOVIES. I didn't know folders needed to be lower case. I tried changing the name to "movies" but it does not let me, just leaves it all capitalized. Thinking about what you said, I do have a lower case folder in there that gives me the same issues.

Any other ideas? I was reading that I need to do something with the permissions again?

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 7.12.50 AM.png

With case sensitive OS,  Movies, MOVIES and movies are all allowed and they are considered separate items.  With OS that are not case sensitive (Widows is the prime example), these three names would all be the 'same' item.  The problem that comes up is that only one of the three items would be usable by the the OS.  The other two are missing in action.

On 3/17/2020 at 8:39 PM, NotHere said:

Hello all.

I did a search and found a thread from 2012. A MOD did not like that a post from 2019 was there so i decided to make a new thread.

I got my UnRaid working. I have all shares as Export Yes Security Private. When I click on them, it says "The operation cant be completed because the original item for "MOVIES" cant be found".

Any help would be awesome please :)

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.38.31 PM.png

Do you have this saved in your login menu?

if you do it, could be wrong, or deleted and try to re-establish once you deleted and rebooted

Edited by ijuarez
engrish
7 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Do you have this saved in your login menu?

if you do it, could be wrong, or deleted and try to re-establish once you deleted and rebooted

I don't know what you mean, I am sorry :(. I did attach the diagnostics in case anyone knows what is going on :(. I am starting to regret this, might just sell everything and stay with just the laptop.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:04 AM, wgstarks said:

Are you attempting to connect via server name or IP?

I just see in under network. Picture attached.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:51 AM, testdasi said:

ok so the case is correct. First change your share to public just to test and eliminate any connection issue.

If you have time to give it another try :) I would appreciate it.

jcloud-diagnostics-20200319-1847.zip

Be sure to read through this thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/89415-macos-share-problems/

Please don't cross post in that thread. But look at the suggestions there and if you want to alert someone to help you, give them a poke in this thread.  You do that doing this-----  @Frank1940  Start with the @  and type the user name until it comes up in the dropdown list.

Edited by Frank1940