After selecting new partition on Windows 10 VM creation, can't get past screen

Hi. Using Unraid 6.8.3 (see signature), I wanted to create a gaming vm on unassigned disk.  I did the usual, created a new VM, haven't assigned GPU yet, since the box is headless, will assign gpu later, started installation, but after loading viator drivers, I can see the drive, I went on to next, and keeps stuck there.  I tried changing virt-io to older version, with the same result.  My XML is below.  Can someone please help?

xml.txt

So, I tried exactly the same thing again, deleted vdisk1.img, and this time, instead of using /mnt/disks/Windows, I selected my cache drive, an hdd, and didn't change the rest, it went through.  

Is there an issue if it's an NVME drive?  Or because it's it's an unassigned disk?

9 minutes ago, jang430 said:

So, I tried exactly the same thing again, deleted vdisk1.img, and this time, instead of using /mnt/disks/Windows, I selected my cache drive, an hdd, and didn't change the rest, it went through.  

Is there an issue if it's an NVME drive?  Or because it's it's an unassigned disk?

maybe silly question but are you sure your NVMe is mounted at /mnt/disks/Windows?

If it's not then your /mnt/disks/Windows would be in RAM which would cause issues.

NVMe and UD are certainly not the problem by themselves. I have 2 VM's currently running out of vdisks stored on an NVMe UD.

Edited by testdasi
13 minutes ago, jang430 said:

I went to /mnt/disks/Windows to delete the vdisk1.img.  /Windows being the folder I wanted to place the image.  

This is a screenshot of my unassigned drive.Untitled.thumb.png.433fde6ff0e28cd4669942cc2c711f73.png

Do I need to do anything?  Mount it or anything?

Your SSD is not even formatted so definitely wasn't mounted. So your /mnt/disks/Windows was in RAM.

You need to first format the UD (you might need to install Unassigned Devices Plus plugin to be able to enable destructive mode in the UD settings to allow formatting - otherwise, the Format button is greyed out). Pick either xfs or btrfs depending on your needs.

Then change the mount name to Windows and mount the formatted UD. Only then it will show up in /mnt/disks/Windows.