update from 6.8.0 to 6.8.3 results in network failure

Hi

I attempted to update my unraid server (Dell T20) from 6.8.0 to 6.8.3. The update completed with no reported issues. After rebooting my network configuration is totally screwed up, I get/can see the following issues:-

1. Messages in the boot process indicate missing components

2. Bonding reported as failed

3. IP address is reported as 169.254.x.x

The above is concerning because I have NEVER activated network bonding (don't need or want it), my router DHCP's addresses in the 192.168.x.x range. 

I have tried the following:-

1. logging on as root at the local console - system refused to recognise password

2. set up small network (169.254.x.x address range) - unraid server was unreachable

Has anybody else had issues like this and how did they resolve them? 

14 minutes ago, marcus523 said:

Looking at unraid guide I need to have disks in right order. 

This is only true if you want to avoid havilg to rebuild parity2 (assuming you even have a parity2).   Order is not significant as far as parity1 is concerned.

Be interested to know exactly where you saw the statement about order in case the guide needs amending.

17 minutes ago, marcus523 said:

I can access the usb with no issues however.

Put flash in PC and let it checkdisk. While there make a backup.

Try again. Be sure to use a USB2 port to boot from.

If it still doesn't work, prepare flash as a new install and copy the config folder from your backup. The config folder on flash is all you need to get going just as you were.

Hi

thank you forbyour assistance. I reformatted the usb drive, installed 6.8.3 as a new install and copied over the config directory. After booting I had to re-enter the original purchase url (from email) and all works perfectly now.

Many thanks for  the help.

Stay safe