[Possibly solved] [6.8.3] Transmission docker running out of space while array and cache has plenty of space left

Hi everyone. I have issues with my Transmission docker saying Unable to resume file. No space left on device. To try and clear everything up i recently deleted my docker.img and reinstalled my apps to no avail. What can i do to resolve this issue?

I also have a warning in fix common issues saying my "Cache Disk free space is less than the cache floor setting". I do not know if these errors are related.

See diagnostics attached. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I tried to set the minimum free space to 1TB on the downloads folder in case it had any impact. It did not work.

Edit 2: It seems like setting the min space to 20GB has solved the issue. I also have some other issues described in the other posts for anyone interested in helping out.

tower-diagnostics-20200318-1853.zip

Edited by SpecFroce
30 minutes ago, SpecFroce said:

I also have a warning in fix common issues saying my "Cache Disk free space is less than the cache floor setting". I do not know if these errors are related.

Your cache floor is set to 384GB.  This means that any writes to a cache only share (downloads share?) will fail if there is less than 384GB available on the cache drive (which there is)  Adjust it accordingly.  Usually, probably 10-20GB would be sufficient 

Hopefully this fixes the issue. I also have a issue with my folding at home docker not showing the Webui or loading. Especially during these trying times i would like to continue to contribute to the scientific research projects around the world. Do you see anything related to that kind of error in my logs @Squid ?

For now i´m marking this as solved since the container appears to work as normal.

Edited by SpecFroce
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dissones4U said:

settings ==> global share settings (under system settings) ==> scroll down to cache settings = min free space (Array must be Stopped to change)

Thank you for your answer that also solved my issue, now what if I want to download a file that is larger than my cache drive ? I have set my download Share to not use cache but now it's filling ram instead !! I am back to square one.

29 minutes ago, MathieuBC said:

Thank you for your answer that also solved my issue

• Make a new post for your other issues, this one says [Possibly solved] in the title so people may not even look at it
  • Post diagnostics with your new request for help
  • Describe your scenario in detail, include recent changes to hardware, software, share settings etc
31 minutes ago, MathieuBC said:

want to download a file that is larger than my cache drive

You can do several things:

• Set share temporarily to cache = no
  • For a large folder with multiple files (Episodic TV seasons) increase mover frequency
33 minutes ago, MathieuBC said:

I have set my download Share to not use cache but now it's filling ram instead

We'd need to see settings for the share in question, I'm not sure why it would be writing into RAM as that will disappear on reboot

2 hours ago, Dissones4U said:
  • Make a new post for your other issues, this one says [Possibly solved] in the title so people may not even look at it
  • Post diagnostics with your new request for help
  • Describe your scenario in detail, include recent changes to hardware, software, share settings etc

You can do several things:

• Set share temporarily to cache = no
  • For a large folder with multiple files (Episodic TV seasons) increase mover frequency

We'd need to see settings for the share in question, I'm not sure why it would be writing into RAM as that will disappear on reboot

Yes sorry I did create a seperate post here with logs and details.