[Support] Linuxserver.io - Boinc

linuxserver_medium.png?v=4&s=4000

Application Name: Boinc
Application Site: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/boinc/
Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-boinc

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, rather use the linuxserver.io forum for support.

1 hour ago, dbinott said:

Anything different here from the other 2?

This new one has the web client and management interface built into it and includes the latest version of BIONC.  It is also based on a different (and supposedly more efficient) Linux distro.  It is an all-in-one package to get you going.

The regular BOINC docker (from Boinc) needs a client/management app installed on a client machine.

The RDP-Boinc docker container (the one being replaced by this new one) had an older version of BOINC, did have an RDP web client built in but needed a manager.  I used this version before switching over to this new LSIO BOINC.

I think I got all of that right.

Bottom line, this one is better 😀(imho)

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Blairwin said:

I get this issue when I launch the docker and sign in to the web gui.  Everything at default and I see cpu usage so it looks like it's running.  Any reason why i just get stuck on this and can't connect?

image.png.dfedfd96ca94ea8019fe485077ca07fe.png

Please post the docker log to pastebin and drop a link here

Did you wait for some time for it to connect?

30 minutes ago, aptalca said:

Please post the docker log to pastebin and drop a link here

Did you wait for some time for it to connect?

Yea I think I waited about 4-5 minutes for it to connect?  I get to the point that I have about 50% of my 32 threads running on boinc with still no connection.  I enter the IP address, password, and it takes a minute for it to bring up that window and it just sits there.

https://pastebin.com/59waUuxB

Yea I think I waited about 4-5 minutes for it to connect?  I get to the point that I have about 50% of my 32 threads running on boinc with still no connection.  I enter the IP address, password, and it takes a minute for it to bring up that window and it just sits there.

https://pastebin.com/59waUuxB

Are you restricting memory for the container by any chance? I had a similar experience when setting memory to 2GB for the RDP boinc container, Rosetta uses a lot of ram, 4GB+

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Hadrian_Aurelius said:

After installing the container, I end up stuck at the Apache Guacamole login prompt.  I've tried the listed username/password in the config and they don't work - neither does changing them.

Try clearing your browser history.  I also had a problem (not quite the same) and it fixed it for me.  

3 minutes ago, dbinott said:

I have it working and it picked up my details from the online account (from old setup), but, when I open the Computing prefs window, it's blank. I guess not a huge deal since the properties can be update on their website.

image.png.2a086b0c63673a842e3ab197613d9db2.png

I am in a similar place here, but on a fresh install.  It takes a few minutes to get connected, but lands on an empty window.

image.png.eb1d4391407cd604db3ad4a8b88152b9.png

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

Try clearing your browser history.  I also had a problem (not quite the same) and it fixed it for me.  

Thanks for responding so quickly.  So far, I have tried:

-Clearing all browser data

-Delete and re-install container

-Separate browser

-Blank username/password (instead of the ones that appear in the default config)

None of the above has worked so far.

Just now, Hadrian_Aurelius said:

Thanks for responding so quickly.  So far, I have tried:

-Clearing all browser data

-Delete and re-install container

-Separate browser

-Blank username/password (instead of the ones that appear in the default config)

None of the above has worked so far.

I don't know what your default config says, but it should be abc/abc

55 minutes ago, Hadrian_Aurelius said:

That was it.  I guess I'm an idiot.  Mine doesn't seem to show "abc" as the password.  Instead, it shows only the MD5 hash so I assumed I had to use it (which did seem weird to me).  So I had been using u:abc p:md5hash

The default container settings have the md5 hash of the password 'abc'. The container checks for a match on the md5 hash of the password entry. There are instructions for generating the md5hash for other passwords in the documentation linked in the first post if you want to change the default settings to allow it to use a different password.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mattekure said:

I got it working, but I am noticing that in the jobs it downloads, the ones where the "Application" field is "Rosetta Mini 3.78" throw a Computation error.  the ones marked Rosetta 4.08 seem to be processing fine.

I have couple of Mini 3.78 tasks running (the others are 4.08).  They are about 28% done and I have yet to see a computation error.  They have been processing for 2 hr 15 min.

Does it happen for you when the task starts or does it run for awhile before you see the error?

6 minutes ago, mattekure said:

it seems right when it starts.  it downloads and them immediately throws the error

According to Squid, the rb_{date_ID} tasks (Mini 4.08) are where you find the COVID-19 tasks as they are submitted under robetta.  The others are not COVID-19 but may be related.  There is no way to really tell.

When I started with this container yesterday. I immediately suspended anything that was not rb_ until it picked up more rb_ tasks.  After those completed this morning, I tried the same but I kept getting a bunch of DS_ tasks so I let it ride with 5 rb_ (Rosetta 4.08) and three DS_ (Rosetta Mini 3.78 tasks).  The latter have been chugging along fine for me.