[Support] Linuxserver.io - Boinc

2 minutes ago, mattekure said:

I'm not so sure.  I see a bunch of tasks with covid in the name, not starting with rb_.

image.thumb.png.758d50be002ff2711627766ecb0cbabe.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

Yeah, it looks like all COVID task are not necessarily Robetta submitted.  Currently I see zero tasks that have COVID-19 in the name, even if they are rb_ tasks. 

It looks like they are coming from other other sources and we obviously picked up tasks at different times.

2 hours ago, dbinott said:

I have it working and it picked up my details from the online account (from old setup), but, when I open the Computing prefs window, it's blank. I guess not a huge deal since the properties can be update on their website.

image.png.2a086b0c63673a842e3ab197613d9db2.png

Switch to advanced view, it's in the readme

• Thanks 1
On 3/19/2020 at 4:58 AM, binhex said:

Are you restricting memory for the container by any chance? I had a similar experience when setting memory to 2GB for the RDP boinc container, Rosetta uses a lot of ram, 4GB+

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm not having any problems, but as a reference point I am hovering around 20GB used for the BOINC docker.

Edit - recently is has been more like 40-50GB.

Edited by Unraiding
15 hours ago, binhex said:

Are you restricting memory for the container by any chance? I had a similar experience when setting memory to 2GB for the RDP boinc container, Rosetta uses a lot of ram, 4GB+

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nope no extra parameters or arguments it's all default except port number.  It's using default CPU and mem usage.  I have just over 13GB mem available.

21 hours ago, Hadrian_Aurelius said:

After installing the container, I end up stuck at the Apache Guacamole login prompt.  I've tried the listed username/password in the config and they don't work - neither does changing them.

It's looking for an MD5 hash of the password (in the config), not the password itself.  Can generate one here:  https://www.md5hashgenerator.com/

G

Edited by hardaur
clarity
5 minutes ago, martinf said:

I cant get past it. dont know what the password is for that checksum so I generated my own and still not able to get past.

Default login is abc/abc (not the MD5 hash listed in the container config).  If you want to go directly to web interface without logging in at all, just remove the GUAC_USER and GUAC_PASS keys from the container.

Has anyone gotten nvidia GPU working with this container?  Mine's showing up in the logs but not getting loaded according to nvidia-smi.

rdpRRGetInfo:
20-Mar-2020 14:07:25 [---] CUDA: NVIDIA GPU 0: P106-090 (driver version 440.59, CUDA version 10.2, compute capability 6.1, 3022MB, 2972MB available, 1960 GFLOPS peak)

44 minutes ago, mikegeezy said:

Has anyone gotten nvidia GPU working with this container?  Mine's showing up in the logs but not getting loaded according to nvidia-smi.

rdpRRGetInfo:
20-Mar-2020 14:07:25 [---] CUDA: NVIDIA GPU 0: P106-090 (driver version 440.59, CUDA version 10.2, compute capability 6.1, 3022MB, 2972MB available, 1960 GFLOPS peak)

Rosetta@home on boinc is not handing out GPU jobs at the moment. If you add another like SETI@home, you'll see in the task list when a job is using the gpu

387168591_Annotation2020-03-20180400.thumb.png.db87aee37651672d1089adcb17bc5163.png

Edited by aptalca
On 3/19/2020 at 7:34 PM, Blairwin said:

Nope no extra parameters or arguments it's all default except port number.  It's using default CPU and mem usage.  I have just over 13GB mem available.

Now it won't even connect it's just stuck on "connecting" in the bottom right.  I'm on Unraid Version: 6.8.2

image.png.0972fa515be1efdbe594ce4214eebab2.png

Edited by Blairwin
19 hours ago, aptalca said:

It should say connecting to localhost. What settings are you using?

I was able to finally get connected after about 8 minutes of waiting.  I'm guessing it's a hardware issue since nobody else is reporting it.  I'm running dual e5-2448L with 48GB ECC RDIMM.  Wiring in house is all Cat 5e.  Guess it's time to do some upgrading.

55 minutes ago, Blairwin said:

I was able to finally get connected after about 8 minutes of waiting.  I'm guessing it's a hardware issue since nobody else is reporting it.  I'm running dual e5-2448L with 48GB ECC RDIMM.  Wiring in house is all Cat 5e.  Guess it's time to do some upgrading.

In light of current events I imagine they're probably having an influx of new users right now, so perhaps their servers are experiencing high levels of demand.