Jitsi?

hi johnathan,

your comment gave me reason to continue some investigation. After doing a bit more tinkering....

The jitsi VM is an ubuntu server vm, located on the same unraid server as the docker containers. Unraid networking was not able to route internally between the VM and the docker LE bridge network. That was a showstopper for me unfortunately, so licking my wounds and retreating for the moment. As a temporary measure, I am using custom external ports for jitsi, (81:444), and directing the router to forward directly to the VM without  using LE as the gateway.

many thanks,

bucky2076

• 10 months later...

hi! guys i got this error on jitsi please help me out i just follow all the instruction and works on the web but always disconnect and says websocket error when i inspect and console and in the swag log here it says: nginx: [emerg] host not found in upstream "xmpp.meet.jitsi" in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/jitsimeet.subdomain.conf:22........ thank you @SpaceInvaderOne more power to you and to all you guys...

Edited by leurnik02
  • 1 year later...
On 5/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, OsoPolar said:

I agree it is very messy and disjointed when you can use the website far easier.

If you link tinkering and having errors all over the place it is ok .

But i have OCD i cannot stand errors and messages and fix buttons that don’t work all over my dashboard.

I think it's going to have to go unless I fix is possible.

I came to this same conclusion for myself as well.  I'm glad I was able to configure and get this running, but the update error messages and the large memory usage for something I can simply elsewhere wasn't worth it.

I look forward to the day when an all-in-one unraid docker container is created for jitsi.