Parity Check again!!!

After trying to install Win10 with a graphic card, I guess Unraid had some issues with the VM. I could not force stop the vm the only option i had was to delete it, after that Unraid became plank, I mean all the tabs including dashboard, main etc.. not showing anything. so I had to reboot from the terminal. after the reboot, Unraid is performing parity check again and I have to wait 17 hours. could you please explain. 

unRaid always does a parity check in cases of unclean shutdowns.  You don't have to wait though for it to finish.  The system is completely usable (but may run slower on disk accesses) during this process.

As to why its "blank", that is kinda hard to say.  What do you mean exactly by "not showing anything".

But for future reference, if this happens again, grab the diagnostics via the terminal by entering in 

diagnostics

and then posting the resulting file stored on the flash drive (logs folder)

Thanks for the reply, Blank like blank page nothing in it. I could not shutdown the system from the dashboard, I used the Terminal. Anyways you mentioned that i could access Unraid even when its doing parity, it was not the case as my Plex Server was showing Offline. when I checked the Dockers, they were not there. I will check when the parity finishes. thanks again

1 hour ago, ssinseeme said:

I will check when the parity finishes. thanks again

Often you can cancel parity checks due to unclean shutdowns.  I have had five unclean shutdowns in the last three days as I worked through some stability issues with my system that were exposed by running BOINC 24x7 putting the server under high load.

In most cases, all my disks were spun down and I knew no writing to the disks was taking place.  When my server locked up and I had to hard reset it, I just immediately cancelled the resulting parity check.  Mine take about 16.5 hours.

A scheduled parity check had taken place with 0 errors just a day before all the fun started so I knew I was working from a clean system.

At least while trying to troubleshoot, it if often not necessary to do a full parity check after every unclean shutdown. It is a good idea after things have settled down.  Had your current parity check resulted in any errors? Not saying you should cancel current check, but, sometimes it is safe to do so.

Any help with the Blank screen again. this is ongoing issue. this time my VM didn't start correctly because the mouse USB was missing. then when i plugged the USB and tried to start the VM again the VM tab disappeared  and all other tab screen are blank. i have to reboot again from the terminal.

unraid.PNG

On 3/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, Hoopster said:

Often you can cancel parity checks due to unclean shutdowns.  I have had five unclean shutdowns in the last three days as I worked through some stability issues with my system that were exposed by running BOINC 24x7 putting the server under high load.

In most cases, all my disks were spun down and I knew no writing to the disks was taking place.  When my server locked up and I had to hard reset it, I just immediately cancelled the resulting parity check.  Mine take about 16.5 hours.

A scheduled parity check had taken place with 0 errors just a day before all the fun started so I knew I was working from a clean system.

At least while trying to troubleshoot, it if often not necessary to do a full parity check after every unclean shutdown. It is a good idea after things have settled down.  Had your current parity check resulted in any errors? Not saying you should cancel current check, but, sometimes it is safe to do so.

how do i stop parity check. it is happening now again!!