Unassigned SSD drops out after period of inactivity

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to unraid so just finding my way... I’m experiencing a rather annoying issue with an Unassigned Devices mounted SSD. After a while of no writes the drive disappears into the historical devices category. A reboot of the server restores the drive every time. The drive will stay up for hours if reads are continuous (hold music collection for Roon), if reads then cease it goes down after a few minutes (not tested scientifically).

The drive is a Crucial MX500 1tb, I have two of these and both exhibit the same behaviour. I can only think this is something to do with the drives going into a power saving mode and not starting back up?

I’m not experiencing any issues with my array or cache and the SSDs are new.

Would be super great if anyone could offer any suggestions or point me in the right direction!

Cheers.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into what's available I guess the current situation means I won't be getting anything too quick... 

I've swaped over to a new set of mini sas cables and an alternative sas config cable and switched the power over between the backplanes... Hopefully that'll solve it, should know soon enough.

Unfortunately still getting the same behaviour after switching the cables around... damnit! Seems to me a really odd behaviour that it works continuously (empirically) if I leave the music playing but as soon as I pause the SSD goes down within a few minutes... Could this perhaps be something to do with the IBM X3650 M3 in another aspect, but then the array and cache are stable? Dies when it goes idle, what could cause that or is just a case of a new controller being required as johnnie.black has suggested?

Syslog 220320 2.txt