Ethernet card not detected after update

Title says it pretty much I have a mellanox connectex3 card 10GB SFP+ in my unraid server  when updating from 6.8.2 to 6.8.3 the card was no longer detected i tried rolling back and still no dice. This led me to believe the card died so to test i popped it into a windows machine and the card shows up no problem, I have the same card in the windows machine i put that one into the server it shows up but when putting in the original card back in its absent. things i have tried include

Deleting network cfg file from flash

booting without card installed the reboot with card installed

Checking any bios settings

looking in tools system devices: card does not show up in any iommu grp

It appears that the   network.cfg   file in the   config   folder/directory on your Unraid boot drive is MIA.  The network-rules.cfg file is there.

First thing I would try is to make a backup copy of the entire boot drive.  Then run chkdsk on the boot drive to see that there are no issues with the file structure.

Then rename the   network-rules.cfg  to   network-rules.cfg.old   and  then restart the server.  Unraid should create these files as it starts up. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, Frank1940 said:

It appears that the   network.cfg   file in the   config   folder/directory on your Unraid boot drive is MIA.  The network-rules.cfg file is there.

First thing I would try is to make a backup copy of the entire boot drive.  Then run chkdsk on the boot drive to see that there are no issues with the file structure.

Then rename the   network-rules.cfg  to   network-rules.cfg.old   and  then restart the server.  Unraid should create these files as it starts up. 

I ended up just replacing the card as nothng i tried seemed to resolve the issue guess it died or was faulty from the start