Emulated (QEMU64) cpu not working

TSM

I've tried multiple combinations of settings, but I can't get the emulated cpu setting to stick when I create a vm.  When initially creating the vm, it lets me select emulated with no errors, but then later after the vm is created the setting changes itself to Host Passthrough.  And if I edit the settings and change back to emulated I get an error, "Execution Error  the CPU is incompatible with host CPU: Host CPU does not provide required features: svm".  I don't want to do Host Passthrough cause this processor only has 2 cores and I may want to run multiple vm's on it in the future.  This is my secondary server, and will ultimately be a backup server, so I don't care that much about cpu performance which is why I chose a 2 core unit.  It's a celeron G3900, all virtualization technology is supported and turned on in the bios of my motherboard which is a SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SAE-M-O, running the latest bios revision.  

10 hours ago, TSM said:

...I don't want to do Host Passthrough cause this processor only has 2 cores and I may want to run multiple vm's on it in the future...

Picking host passthrough shouldn't prevent you from running multiple VM on the same cores.

Perhaps you are confusing that with PCIe passthrough?

11 hours ago, testdasi said:

Picking host passthrough shouldn't prevent you from running multiple VM on the same cores.

Perhaps you are confusing that with PCIe passthrough?

OK, I thought that was a problem.  So I thought that if you passthrough a core, the intention is for that core to be dedicated to the vm.  If that's not the case, then I guess I'm fine.  Thanks,