Setting time for "Array Health Check"

I was *JUST* about to open a thread about this myself.

In my case it's the weekly notification"

Unraid Status: 16-03-2020 12:20 AM

Notice [CUBE] - array health report [PASS]
Array has 8 disks (including parity & cache)

Note the time?  I have my systems setup so I get emails, and those emails are forwarded to my cell phone via texts.  Oh Dark Thirty text ping noises are getting annoying :D 

I do not think it is the full parity check - I run that once a month on the second day of the month.

This is a "quick check" (I think)? Note last parity check is on March 2 which ties into my monthly schedule.

Event: Unraid Status
Subject: Notice [ZACK-UNRAID] - array health report [PASS]
Description: Array has 7 disks (including parity & cache)
Importance: normal

Parity - WDC_WD60EFRX-68MYMN1_WD-WX51DA47619X (sdf) - active 79 F [OK]
Disk 1 - WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX61D88RE7RT (sdh) - active 88 F [OK]
Disk 2 - WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4N0CNYXPC (sdg) - active 82 F [OK]
Disk 3 - WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX61DC896552 (sdd) - active 86 F [OK]
Disk 4 - WDC_WD60EFRX-68MYMN1_WD-WX21D65NV0T0 (sde) - active 84 F [OK]
Cache - Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_500GB_S21JNXBG430473F (sdb) - active 73 F [OK]
Cache 2 - Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_500GB_S21JNXAG541010H (sdc) - active 73 F [OK]

Parity is valid
Last checked on Monday, 2020-03-02, 17:49 (21 days ago), finding 0 errors.
Duration: 14 hours, 49 minutes, 13 seconds. Average speed: 112.5 MB/s

This is the “array status” notification in notification settings. For some reason it doesn’t seem to be controlled by the dynamix schedules plugin though. I have my array status notification set to “daily” but notifications are not sent at the time I have set for daily schedules. You can disable these notifications in settings>notifications though. Or change the delivery method.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, Squid said:

edit /boot/config/plugin/dynamix/dynamix.cfg and in the "system" entry near the bottom of the file, give it an appropriate cron entry

Then from the command prompt, 

update_cron

Note that changing other settings (theme, etc) will probably revert that setting.

Is this still the only work around to get the array status notifications to not send at 1220am?  With the possibility of the settings reverting back….

• 7 months later...

i have to dig this out. i love my telegram bot, that notifies me with every message. but i wanted it to be not 00:20 in the frickin morning. who needs a notification at THIS time. who set this value?

i would be very happy if it could send me the array notification at a self chosen time.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Knutowskie said:

i have to dig this out. i love my telegram bot, that notifies me with every message. but i wanted it to be not 00:20 in the frickin morning. who needs a notification at THIS time. who set this value?

i would be very happy if it could send me the array notification at a self chosen time.

Yes, would need also this feature so badly!

• 1 month later...

Someone who can edit the code for this, please change the default to a reasonable time until we can at least set it ourselves without having to edit a file, where the changes are wiped out when you update any notification settings.

An "advanced view" would be nice where we could define our own cron schedules vs presets. 

Edited by jslay
  • Upvote 1