Unmountable drive present SOLVED

I need some help here please, I followed the procedure (I’ve done it in the past) replaced a data disk with a bigger one after preclearing it. I started the array to rebuild the disk data, but now that is finished the array says “Unmountable disk present” and offers to format it.  I hope I didn’t screw myself.

The rebuild seemed normal.  If I format now it will wipe the drive clean.  I'm under the impression a format was not necessary because the rebuild procedure does it.

Please please any suggestions? I hope its now too late.

The original disk I cleared to use elsewhere, so than's not an option.  No don't want to format new that.  I'm trying XFS repair now in maintenance mode.

The rebuild reported successful with no errors, btw the original disk was with no errors, I replaced it with a new WD blue disk.

I'll see after the XFS repair finishes.

thanks folks

I'm smoking two cigarettes at time now while drinking a scotch....

Edited by Walter S

I'm reluctant to go forward without someone's suggestions.

I came across a post saying use the "-L' command in the gui to destroy the log and try to repair.

I hope somebody has suggestions that has dealt with this kind of issue.

I know the data is there on the new disk (the rebuild had the appropriate writes to the disk)

• Walter S changed the title to Unmountable drive present SOLVED