Can not get USB controller to work in windows.

I have been working on soling this for the past few days now and i have managed to not fix the problem so if any of you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. 

I am attempting to run a windows VM on my unraid server with a GTX card and USB controller. I can get everything to work until i try and pass the usb controller. if i try and boot the VM with something plugged in to the controller it boots (sometimes making it to the login screen) then it pauses. i am unable to start the vm again it says "unable to execute QEMU command 'cont': Resetting the Virtual Machine is required". However if i pass the card with nothing plugged in then it boots and works like it should until i plug something in to the card and it freezes again with the same error message. I have tried moving the card around on the motherboard, updating the bios, making sure all settings allow virtualization. if you all have any ideas on how to fix it please let me know.