6.8.3 Disk writes causing high CPU

But shouldn't the below behavior be basically all the time?

I mean, those SSDs should be able to keep 300MiB/s and more for extended periods of time right? I'm pretty sure this doesn't have anything to do with network, since it exhibits the same behavior even disk to disk. The IO Wait has got to be a byproduct of whatever the problem is. This wasn't the case for a long time prior to 6.7 in this very same server, with all the same hardware. These current SSD drives were even an attempt to rule out the previous SSDs.

image.thumb.png.71bcb536616bab6fc5182ba3300ce48e.png

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, CowboyRedBeard said:

I mean, those SSDs should be able to keep 300MiB/s and more for extended periods of time right? I'm pretty sure this doesn't have anything to do with network, since it exhibits the same behavior even disk to disk. The IO Wait has got to be a byproduct of whatever the problem is.

Sorry, I was under the impression that we were talking about an issue with samba shares.

How are the SSDs attached sata or nvme?

I have another new Crucial MX500 ( CT1000MX500SSD1 ) I can replace it with to try.... but I had this problem with MX500 500Gb drives that I had prior. And those were 2 drives in a pool at first, split the cache to a single drive and was still a problem. I tried both BTRFS and XFS

I'll do whatever tests you guys think make sense. Let me know.

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!  -yes that's caps 🙃

• 2 weeks later...